Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Technical Pictures on our website - an update
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2014 :  14:37:08  Show Profile
Regular followers of the Register’s website discussion forum will know that there has been a fair bit of chat about improving the availability of pictures of Triple-M cars on our website. We understand this and have been doing something about it!

The following message is mainly about ‘Technical Pictures’, for which we would like to have your assistance! By ‘Technical Pictures’ we refer to pictures which have been accumulated by the Register and by individual members, which show technical details of cars, individual components and assemblies.

Thanks to a band of unsung heroes we have now made a start in creating a ‘Technical pictures’ library. The following is an update to let you know the current situation.

Starting with the P-type, we have started to put together a library of pictures of components, sub-assemblies, etc. These pictures, as well as pictures of all other Triple-M models except the Q and R-types, will be viewable when we launch the Technical pictures library very shortly.

But first, we need to obtain more pictures, and this is where you come in!
We invite you to search through your recent or past photographs and send us any digital images you may have of:

- Mechanical components – either individual components, part-assemblies or complete assemblies, and
- Body and trim components – again individual parts or assemblies

Alternatively, if you have prints or transparencies of these pictures, perhaps you could scan them? (We might be able to assist if you do not have the necessary equipment to do this.)

It is important that these are accurate and properly representative of the cars ‘as built’ at the Works.

At this stage we are not quite ready to receive your images, so for the time being would you please just gather them together?

We will be creating two specific e-mail addresses for each model – one for mechanical and another for body/trim (for example, Mtypemechanical [at] triple-mregister.org or Ktypebody [at] triple-register.org) to which you can send your pictures. We will let you know when these are up and running.

Images should preferably be not smaller than 1.5Mb and definitely no larger than 5Mb.

By submitting your pictures you confirm that they are your property and you also consent to allow the Triple-M Register full rights to publish and circulate them.

We would like as many people as possible to be involved in this exercise, for which we thank you in advance.

In order to ensure that the pictures are properly representative, all images for each model type will be checked by a small number of volunteers with knowledge or experience of particular models.

If you have any questions about any aspect of the exercise please feel free to contact Dick Morbey or Nick Feakes.

Thank you!
Dick Morbey

P.S.
Factory Pictures
In response to requests, we are also assembling a collection of ‘Factory pictures’ taken during the years in which Triple-M cars were being constructed.

In the next few weeks we hope to have a section on the website where you will be able to view a selection of Factory pictures of our cars. Where these images are accepted as being in the ‘public domain’, they will be generally available to download. Where the Register has rights to the pictures, they will still be viewable on-line, probably as thumbnail images or water-marked images and you will be able to purchase high resolution un-watermarked copies of these via the Register Shop. We will bring you more news about this shortly.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 08/02/2014 14:39:22

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2014 :  15:28:58  Show Profile
I believe ALL pictures on the site should be watermarked. I have had way too many of my photos downloaded and reused on other websites. Although the photos should be freely available to members, I wonder if they shouldn't be restricted to only registered members.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  09:34:14  Show Profile
I am probably not the only one to have a full CD of photos taken during the stripping and restoration of the body work on my PA. Although some minor modifications had been made over the years to keep it on the road, this was the first full strip down since it left the factory. I'd be happy to post a copy of the CD to the Register - there are far too many photos to email. The photos would need to be reviewed for originality, as you suggest, and I could supply details of non-original bits.

May I also suggest that someone goes to Gaydon and takes a full set of pictures of the sectioned PA in the museum there, to add to the site.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  10:41:33  Show Profile
Well done Dick and Web Master Nick.

Lew - we have discussed water marks and I believe the photos will be marked?

Colin - that is a good suggestion, Gaydon is not too far from where I live and I might go and take the photos.

George.

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  14:07:27  Show Profile
Colin
Your collection of pictures is exactly the sort of thing we are hoping to encourage members to contribute. For each image there will be a description which will point out any particular features the picture shows. We hope to have several pictures of each part to show variations known to exist between the various parts. As soon as we have the teams set up we will let you know where to send CDs etc so they can get on with the process of adding parts to the system. As soon as there are enough pictures in the system I will add a link to the menu so that you can see how it will work. As time goes on, I am sure the teams will be asking for pictures of specific parts they are currently missing or more / better views of certain parts.
The purpose of this resource is NOT to define what is or is not correct (whatever that might mean). It is intended to capture the current knowledge and expertise and to be a guide for future restorers.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2014 :  11:04:34  Show Profile
I'm pleased to say that the project is ready to receive your contrbutions. Here's what to do:

Each model is covered except for Q and R-types.

We have now created e-mail addresses for each model - one address being for mechanical components and another for body/trim components.

All you have to do is send your digital pictures - not smaller than 1.5Mb and definitely no larger than 5Mb - the the appropriate address given in the list below. Please remember that what we are looking for are pictures, each with a description, showing individual components, part-assemblies or complete assemblies. The aim is that these should be representative of what went into the cars 'originally' as well as variations that were introduced at the time of manufacture and subsequently.

Here is the list:

List deleted for security reasons. Please see posting dated March 11th for details

We hope you will be able to contribute to this project, from which we all stand to benefit!

Thanks
Dick Morbey

Edited by - DickMorbey on 11/03/2014 08:48:42
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2014 :  12:13:52  Show Profile
To answer Lew's suggestion above - ALL pictures uploaded to the site will contain a watermark.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  12:13:41  Show Profile
Can I have an address for posting a CD snailmail please?

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  18:31:15  Show Profile
Colin, I have replied to you off-line.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2014 :  13:11:32  Show Profile
I have added the access to the new Technical pictures section so that you can see what it looks like. Some of the pictures may need to be changed or edited as we uploaded a number purely for test purposes. Please note that the types, categories and sub categories that you are able to see reflects what pictures are actually in the database. Once the uploading teams get going and more pictures are added, so you will see more and more items in each drop down list.
As of today, there are several pictures of PA and PB components but only a few pictures of a fuel tank for a K3. So if you select K3 as the type, you will only see "Fuel system" as the category, then "Tank-2 seat" as the subcategory. The list of categories and sub categories for the K# will increase as more pictures are uploaded. I hope that explains how the software works.
From the main menu, click on "Pictures - Technical pictures"
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2014 :  21:02:46  Show Profile
The project is going along very nicely, and thanks to various members we have a trickle of pictures now coming through.

Here's one for the P-type owners amongst you. It concerns door locks:

Early PAs were equipped with the same/similar type of locks as were fitted to the J2. Do any of you have a picture you could send showing a PA with these earlier locks? If so here's the address:
Ptypebody@triple-mregister.org

And of course we are still keen to receive an avalanche of pictures showing mechanical as well as body/trim details of ALL models.

Keep them coming!

Thanks
Dick Morbey

Edited by - DickMorbey on 19/02/2014 21:03:39
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  08:47:25  Show Profile
Update

As you know, the project is now able to receive images of mechanical and body components for each of the models.

To achieve this we created and published a nnumber of e-mail addresses to which you can send these images to us. Unfortunately the publication of these e-mail addresses has opened the door to a tsunami of spam messages emanating from the Far East.

In order to overcome this problem I am now re-publishing the list but this time without the dot and '@' symbol. It means that you will have to type the correct e-mail address in full rather than simply clicling on it but we feel this is a small price to pay.

Here is the list, and do please continue to send through your pictures. Your Register needs you!

M-types
Mtypemechanical [at] triple-mregister [dot] org

Mtypebody [at] triple-mregister [dot] org

C-types
Ctypemechanical at triple-mregister dot org

Ctypebody [at] triple-mregister [dot] org

D-types
Dtypemechanical [at] triple-mregister [dot] org

Dtypebody [at] triple-mregister [dot] org

J-types
Jtypemechanical [at] triple-mregister [dot] org

Jtypebody [at] triple-mregister [dot] org