Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Summer Gathering
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2014 :  20:36:31  Show Profile
I see from the news page that Peter's Summer Gathering is on August 3rd. Now there's a challenge to the VSCC Prescott meeting!

Peter you can't please them all, but after missing last years Summer Gathering, I promised myself that no way was I going to miss your 2014 event. WOW

Perhaps I will have to go to Prescott on the Saturday or even the Friday.

Peter

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  21:33:13  Show Profile
A reminder that Peter Green's very popular Register Summer Gathering takes place this year on Sunday 3rd August at his home at Farnham Royal. 2014 is the 10th anniversary of the event and Peter would like you to know that places are still available.

All are welcome - including newcomers who have yet to experience the splendid hospitality and entertainment that will be on offer. So please don't leave it until too late - grab the entry form from http://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/2014%20Entry%20Form%20%20%28A4%29.pdf and whizz it through to him!

If you require further details you can contact Peter at 01753 643468 or e-mail – p.green[at]mgk3.co.uk

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  21:32:45  Show Profile
Before disappearing for a week at the VSCC's 80th birthday celebrations in Peterborough, we should not let today's Summer Gathering pass without comment.

This was the tenth of these events that Peter Green, aided by 'Team Green' has organised and it was an altogether splendid day. Around 102 participants and 42 cars were listed and everyone was treated to Peter's customary hospitality at this well-planned but informal and convivial occasion. Bravo!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  10:37:45  Show Profile
Well said Dick. Congratulations and thanks to Peter and his little elves ! As Lou Reed said "It was just a perfect day".

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  11:53:50  Show Profile
Yes, but no heroin...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  12:31:41  Show Profile
Does anyone know if AB found his way home OK??

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  13:44:05  Show Profile
Peter

Many many thanks for yet another enjoyable day at your Summer Gathering. Lots of hard work by you and your family (and others) which is much appreciated by all the participants. Much better then Prescott.

I don't know anything about AB's journey home but I do know that Barny and Gill Creaser had disaster strike them on the way to FR. A broken clutch finger and now Barny is having great difficulty in finding a replacement. See his posting on the Wanted section.

Once again many thanks, Peter

Edited by - Peter Scott on 04/08/2014 13:44:32
Go to Top of Page

RacingSnake

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  18:54:26  Show Profile
Thanks Peter & co for a great day!
Well, AB and I found Orstin as planned at the petrol station just up the road from you, and all was well until I had navigational brain-fade in Dunstable, or somewhere there, and managed to loose them my charges (I was leading the way in theory...) Ironically, almost the same part of the route where we lost Andrew on the way to yours. After a few circles I made it back in one piece, and hope they did too.
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  20:51:24  Show Profile
We did! AB and I re-grouped at the end of the road you missed and had a delightful journey back over 'my' bit of the route. We did wonder about you, though..

I must add my thanks to Peter and 'gang' for an excellent day. Very enjoyable...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  08:44:10  Show Profile
I've just uploaded a few pictures from the Summer Gathering. If anyone has any more, please send them to me for uploading.

Kind regards

Robin

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  10:37:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

Well said Dick. Congratulations and thanks to Peter and his little elves ! As Lou Reed said "It was just a perfect day".

Colin B.

Indeed it was.

As an aside, I was watching an (interesting) TV prog about the making of "Transformer" and learned that our local publican, John Halsey at The Castle Inn Cambridge, played drums on "Perfect Day". (I knew he had been the Rutles drummer).

Edited by - kimber on 08/08/2014 10:40:10
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2014 :  07:08:27  Show Profile
I missed the gathering due to the family Summer Holiday, but if anyone has a few nice photos of this event (& even better still - is prepared to write up a short report, no more than a couple of hundred words), please forward to the usual address for inclusion in next months SF.

Cheers,

JH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000