Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Register Touring Event 2015
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2014 :  22:18:07  Show Profile
We announced at the recent Register AGM that we are now making plans for the Register's 2015 touring event. We're hoping to set this in the Lincolnshire Wolds, an unspoiled area full of interest and most probably centred on Woodhall Spa.

The likely format will be a familiar one, involving a three-night hotel stay and plenty of touring miles, along with visits to the many places of interest in the wider area. The date has yet to be decided, as too does the timing - weekdays or weekends are being considered.

Our plans are currently only at a tentative stage but it would be helpful to have an indication of the level of interest in the event and also whether people would prefer weekend or mid-weeks.

Over to you!
Dick Morbey

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2014 :  20:12:48  Show Profile
Late April or May would be a good time - the more the season progresses, the more date clashes are unavoidable - most events are concentrating in July, August and September - the earlier, the better.

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

Blithe Spirit

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2014 :  21:04:14  Show Profile
Good to see old car events, especially Triple M, coming to Lincolnshire. Can I suggest June, to incorporate VSCC Cadwell Park. This is probably the best old car circuit in the UK - no catch fencing, few run-off areas, and hills as well. Usually a good turn out of Triple M racers, too.
Regards,
David J3768
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2014 :  22:45:13  Show Profile
Gill and I would be interested. We prefer the long weekend format as we both work. Late May or early September work best for us.

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2014 :  15:34:17  Show Profile
We are getting on with the planning of this event. Date not yet fixed, but we'd be interested to hear from people with preferences of:

a) mid-week or weekend?
b) preferred month/time

Thanks

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 27/05/2014 15:34:54
Go to Top of Page

bob

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2014 :  19:37:32  Show Profile
Would have to be a weekend due to work getting in the way the other 5 days
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2014 :  19:01:37  Show Profile
Dick,

For those of us travelling any distance, in practice a mid week event works best as that way the whole event, and getting there and getting home again, is all within the one week. Make it a weekend, and then the travelling runs from mid week to mid week which can be a pain. And a mid week event - say, Tuesday to Friday like the Highland Stravaig last week - could give folks the opportunity to take in VSCCC Caldwell Park if they wished. So our vote would be mid week, and if possible to coincide with Caldwell Park.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

r.warr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2014 :  17:02:57  Show Profile
Barbara and I would prefer mid week in May.

Ron
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2014 :  22:16:08  Show Profile
Thank you everyone who responded on and off line. Your responses served the dual purpose of telling us about your preferences whilst at the same time reaffirming the old adage that you can't please all of the people all of the time!

At present we have earmarked a mid-week slot in August - this being for the nights of 18th, 19th and 20th. A foraging party will be visiting the proposed event hotel (The Petwood at Woodhall Spa) this coming week, when we hope to negotiate an affordable package deal.

Thanks for your interest and forbearance - more news will follow.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2014 :  16:58:48  Show Profile
Petwood Hotel
Was there last month with some VSCC pals.
Very interesting place - it was the Officers Mess for the Dambusters Squadron in WW2.
The place is full of memorabilia.
Lovely Tudorish building with extensive gardens.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  14:41:53  Show Profile
Dick,

Has the date for the Register Touring Event been finalised for 18/19/20 August? I'm already trying to work out my travel plans for next year so that we can attend. We'd also hope to use the event as a opportunity to drum up support for our planned Ulster TT themed Touring Event in 2016.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  17:54:19  Show Profile
Thanks Simon,

These are certainly the dates we are working to, but there is many a slip betwixt ....

Although there is no reason to believe that the dates will change, you might want to make any bookings provisional rather than firm at this stage.

The volunteers who are working on this have a brief lull between recent activities and those planned for mid-September, so hopefully by then shall be able to bring you updated news and more definite information.

Regards

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  18:12:14  Show Profile
Thanks, Dick. At this stage it is more a case of putting things in my diary than making definite bookings.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2015 :  19:57:29  Show Profile
It's seven months since the last posting about our Lincolnshire Tour!

This is just to let you all know that Elizabeth Taylor has e-mailed (or mailed) details and an entry form to everyone who expressed interest in taking part in this event. As the event looks like being very fully subscribed, don't delay replying!

If you haven't yet received these details - or if you have not yet recorded an interest - please contact Elizabeth asap! e.taylor@oakend.net +44(0)1628 665055

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Npdavea

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  22:04:49  Show Profile
I am a very new MMM 4seater NB owner but my car will remain in pieces for some time yet. However as I live in Lincolnshire I would very much like to participate in one day or on one evening of the August Tour if that is possible with wife Barbara and non-MMM MG. I have had such cooperation already from the Forum members and would like the chance to meet some of them.
As part of the Lincolnshire Centre I have been to Woodhall Spa many times on MG events and can recommend it .

D P Allen
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  08:51:21  Show Profile
Dear David

I am sure we can accommodate you one way or another. I suggest you conntact Elizabeth directly in case she hasn't seen this posting. Indicate which day/s you'd like to tour on and we'll see what we can do!

It's worth mentioning a couple of other things that may be of interest to the wider readership:

1. On Thursday 20th the event includes a Gala Dinner, which takes the place of the Register's Annual Dinner and Prize Giving. All Triple-M friends are very welcome to attend this dinner, even if they are not taking part in the overall event - indeed, the more the merrier! Please contact Elizabeth if interested.

and/or

2. There is also the opportunity to drop in for the welcome buffet on evening #1 on Tuesday 18th August. Again, please contact Elizabeth if interested.

Both these gatherings are at the Petwood Hotel but you must pre-book, so that costs and numbers can be accounted for!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000