Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG PA Reg APK 422
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2014 :  19:47:32  Show Profile
Alan Ashby has just written to the MGOC enquiring about the continued existence of this car, which was his first car in the early '60s. Is it still around, please?
Tim

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2014 :  23:00:58  Show Profile
Tim,

Registration Number APK 422 is listed in the current Register Listing as being on a J2 (chassis number J2980) that has a PA engine, but this is no guarantee that the car is still around because the details relate back to 1986.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  12:54:33  Show Profile
Peter,
Thanks. I'll Email Alan and let him know.
Tim
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  16:46:08  Show Profile
Tim,
I think that the J2 (1226 on the register) almost certainly still exists, though it has not been seen out & about in a long while. There is a picture of it on P.41 of the 1982 Yearbook, taken at that years Cheddar meeting (held in Steve Dear's field). Back then, the car was "maintained" rather than "restored" & owner Ken Farnfield used to have a ram skull mounted atop the spare wheel carrier! That is the original reg of J2980, so I'm not sure how the PA reference fits in.

JH

JH
Go to Top of Page

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2014 :  08:06:02  Show Profile
Jeremy,
Thanks. I've reported back to Alan and asked him if he's got any more info and / or clearer photos than the one he put in Enjoying MG, which I will post here.
Tim
Go to Top of Page

Centric

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2014 :  18:48:55  Show Profile
Tim,
The DVLA shows the last tax disc expiring July 1986. So, either the car is still sitting in Ken's garage or his widow sold it. If the latter someone is doing nothing with it in the UK (Shame!)or it's been sold abroad. It won't have been scr@pped as it it was a very sound well built car. So own up up-who has it?
Alan
Go to Top of Page

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2014 :  18:23:54  Show Profile
Thanks Alan,
I reported back the earlier findings to the other Alan and requested a photo, but haven't heard back, so maybe his interest has waned.....
Tim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000