Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Inter Register Rally's
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2014 :  20:14:30  Show Profile
Hi All,

Gill and I are entering the inter register Dartmoor scatter rally on the 27th September.

These inter register events are great fun and much less serious than the VSCC variety. If we get three MMM's we can be counted for the team awards.

We will probably also be entering the event in Dorset on the 5th October.

More details on http://www.inter-register.org.uk/events.htm

Cheers!

Barny and Gill

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2014 :  19:05:01  Show Profile
I'm told that so far there are only three entries for the Dartmoor rally and unless there are some more entries it will be cancelled.

So this is an appeal for more entries.

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2014 :  14:46:43  Show Profile
Usually do this one...it's great fun in a superb vintage driving area.
However, this year I have two weddings that day and can't escape them!

I do hope others do join in.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2014 :  10:30:18  Show Profile
I'm also planning to enter the IRC rally in Dorset on October 5th (better hurry up with that).
Son is converging from Kent to navigate for me.
Onwards and upwards!

Brian
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2014 :  18:35:15  Show Profile
Rather a shame that the Humber IRC rally has been cancelled.

I understand that there were only five entries at the point at which the decision was made to cancel. Apparently lots more entries were received after the decision was made, including mine (I had to source a new navigator).
Cancellation was a week before the published closing date, which is actually tomorrow.

In a spirit of trying to be helpful, I have gently suggested giving a closing date say two weeks earlier in future. That would flag up the problem at an earlier stage, and maybe a bit of pestering (which of course should not be part of the deal at all...) could raise more entries and save the event.

I do sympathise with organisers of such events, who seldom get the credit for all the hard work they put in for the benefit of others.

Another example of problems organisers have is late withdrawals.
At last month's MGCC (SW) Wiscombe hillclimb, Bruce Weston had ten cars drop out by the published closing date, ten days before the event, but in this case he had reserves which he called up to fill the entry. It ended up being a great day.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2014 :  21:42:13  Show Profile
We attended the MG SE district Autumn Naviscat near Tunbridge Wells last weekend (part of the inter-register series) - another excellent and enjoyable event.

We were very lucky with the weather - it didn't rain during the event. A really lovely area for our cars - lots of small muddy roads and some interesting hills!

I'll keep banging on about these inter register events - they are really good fun, ideal for our cars and the organisers deserve support.

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000