Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2015 Race Date Change
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  09:30:46  Show Profile
HI all,
Perhaps unsurprisingly, The 2015 Race calendar has had some movement, predominantly due to the changing dates and venues surrounding the MotoGP. Subsequently Donington has now been given the MotoGP on Easter Weekend.
Therefore the MGCC has reissued their provisional race calendar for 2015.
Based on you previous preferences we have 2 opportunities for our race

Sunday March 29th Mallory [First day of Summer time]
Sunday May 31st Donington [with HSCC]

I am leaning towards the Mallory Date, season opener and avoids clashes.
Can you let me know your preferences so we can reconfirm our position with the MGCC?
The opportunity for us has not changed and proposed format remains the same.
Regards
Mark

NB: Suffice to say that down at the Club racing end the provisional calendar has changed and may change again since it’s all still very much in a state of flux.

Mark Dolton

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  09:55:33  Show Profile
Mark,

Your comments about the MotoGP moving from Silverstone to Donington are correct but it will not be held over the Easter Weekend. I think the provisional date for it is 30th August 2015.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  13:29:45  Show Profile
Ah ok thanks Peter, yes its the knock on effect that has bumped the MGCC meet.

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2014 :  17:01:15  Show Profile
Thanks for your responses to date.

Following the recent changes and options we now have a provisional spot at the MGCC Donington meeting on May 31st 2015. Mallory was a no go with the majority.

I am trying to retain a pre-war only grid and therefore will need a minimum of 24 entries. MG and VSCC Invited. VSCC have confirmed there is no meeting planned in late May which will help.

I am also negotiating potential sponsorship to assist with entry costs and transponder hire. As well as the social aspects to make this a great event.

Whilst I know it’s all a long way off, and things might change again, as you know these events need a lot of planning.

We need to be confident that we can fill the grid, so please can I ask you once again to let me know if you are likely to enter and to keep the date free.

Even if your unsure could you respond to let me know? (or if you want to be taken off the list) I don't want to bombard you with too many emails.

Thanks to those who have said yes already!

Thanks for your support and have a great weekend.

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2014 :  12:28:58  Show Profile
Many thanks for all the enthusiastic responses I have received.

We have 19 interested racers to date for May and I m sure we have more out there!!

All the best

Mark

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2014 :  13:37:29  Show Profile
Make that 21!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  19:11:38  Show Profile
Are the entry's still building Mark, now the N is fettled, I am looking forward to taking part in the most prestigious MMM race of the year at Donnington,

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  21:11:05  Show Profile
Discussions have been re-opened by the Club regarding this race. Mark and the team will provide an update when further information is available.

Regards,

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  20:10:11  Show Profile
We were advised at the weekend that due to various constraints, the MG Car Club has been forced to amend the provisional race programme for the Donington Park meeting of 31st May 2015. One consequence of this change has been the loss of the proposed Triple-M race. The meeting will still be a mainly MG event – there are no other invited clubs.

Following careful consideration and after lengthy discussions with the most senior officers of the Club about the option of retaining the race, the Triple-M Register Committee has reluctantly, partly for practical reasons, acceded to the Club's request.

We regret the turn of events, which is a huge disappointment to us, but are continuing to do our level best to retain a fitting place for Triple-M cars within the MGCC race calendar. This is particularly pertinent following our success in re-establishing a Triple-M race in March 2014.

We have now been offered a race later in the season at Snetterton, which it is hoped will receive support from the racers. There is also a proposal for the creation of new MGCC race events for 2016 onwards tailored to Triple-M and kindred cars. However for 2015 you can expect to see more Triple-M cars competing at VSCC race meetings.

Please bear with us whilst we work away at the situation.

Dick Morbey
Register Chairman

Edited by - DickMorbey on 13/11/2014 20:12:37
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  21:47:46  Show Profile
Constraints? Well we all know what(or rather who)that boils down to!! I am informed that there are invited clubs to the meeting ,the HSCC being one.Unfortunately the MGCC snetterton meeting is normally one side or the other of the VSCC meeting(where we are made very welcome) so dont think i'll make the 6 1/2 hour round trip for that one. As there seems no opportunity to race with the MGCC and they prefer to support races for other makes it seems a good time to surrender the membership card at the next renewal date. I really think its time to forget the club and go where we are wanted.Many thanks to Fred and Mark for their input in trying to get MMM racing back with the MGCC ,pity one individual has shafted us again and put paid to their efforts, Regards Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  23:14:25  Show Profile
With great sadness I feel very much like Oliver......
I can do three races at Snetterton with the VSCC.......but only a possibility of one...reluctantly offered by the MGCC.
Why not give one of the May grids the slot we would probably be offered for Silverstone knowing we would decline it... or am I being too cynical......
Seems the ONLY reason left to stay with the MGCC is to be part of the Triple-M Register......or will this create a breakaway similar to the Vintage MG scene.....
Grumpy Old Man.

Foz
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2014 :  06:42:13  Show Profile
Absolutely in agreement with Oliver and Barry. What a kick in the teeth (I know about these things) for those that have put in so much hard work trying to get us back our one race of the season, for 3 years now.
VSCC still organises Race meeting for its members, MGCC Race meetings, and Big Ron, have not had that attitude for some time now. Members don't matter, only the profit does. Even if we declare an interest in Snetterton, it won't happen.
What Club request Dick?
Does this mean Fred still has the Mary Harris Trophy.

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 14/11/2014 06:47:02
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2014 :  07:10:51  Show Profile
Does one have to be a member of MGCC to be part of the MMM register and subscribe to this forum ? Apart from a couple of pages and the adverts in 'Safety Fast' theres not much left that attracts me , and , as a poor whining pensioner , any saving of subscription fee is a bonus to me . I can put it towards my VSCC membership. That , of course , is my own personal view , and I know that there are lots of other disciplines within MGCC that are attractive to MMM owners . But my hobby is the racing , and that is certainly that within MGCC for next year . Fred Boothby
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2014 :  14:48:20  Show Profile
Sorry we were not able to crack this for 2015. Thanks to those who have been very supportive over the last few months. I will contact all the racers by email very soon explaining the situation. Hopefully we can encourage a really strong turnout at Spring Start. Thanks again

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2014 :  18:50:42  Show Profile
I am really sorry to read these news - in particular for Mark and Fred in trying to establish our "own" race. The Triple-M race at Donington was on my "to-do-list" for next year - would love to be on the track with Triple-M only cars (with a few exceptions perhaps). It is now very obvious to me (even from the distance!) that the MGCC seems not to be very keen on having a Triple-M race at all anywhere. At Silverstone, the Triple-M race was "run down" from being run together with hot T-Types, then we were "invited" to race in "company" with "fifties sportscars" to now no-longer in existence. And now, when trying to get something established at other circuits, there seems to be no willingness to offer us a time slot.

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2014 :  10:37:18  Show Profile
In response to Fred.....yes, one needs to be a member of MGCC to be a part of the MMM Register but one doesn't need to be to be a member to subscribe to this Forum. If the latter were to apply, I suspect that Forum membership would be (much?) reduced.

JOHN JAMES www.ttypes.org

'Proud to be independent'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000