Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2015 Race Date Change
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2014 :  10:58:12  Show Profile
John is almost correct! As far as belonging to the register is concerned, it is the car that earns a place on the register. Of course other details including the name of the owners are included but the car is the star!

Anyone who is a member of the MG car club is automatically attached to a Centre (determined by the place where the member lives) and a register which is determined by which ever car or cars the member owns.

Although this forum is a forum of a website controlled and operated by a "register" of the MG car club, anyone is free to join it. Although we actively encourage all Triple-M owners to become members of the MG car club, we recognise that this may not, for various reasons, suit everyone. It is a matter of personal choice which car club, if any, people choose to belong to. Happily reciprocal arrangements do exist as between the various clubs – for example the VSCC, the MG Octagon Car club and so on, whereby members can participate in the respective events, races and activities of the other clubs.

I hope that this comment clarifies, rather than confuses the situation!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 15/11/2014 10:58:55
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2014 :  20:46:03  Show Profile
Point taken about the 'car being the star'.

However, according to the MGCC website "One of the major services which the MG Car Club provides is free membership of a Register - this relates to the member's own particular model of MG."

Does it not follow that on leaving the MGCC this "free membership of a Register" ceases?

JOHN JAMES
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2014 :  20:50:49  Show Profile
Hi John,

Yes that's correct as far as the person is concerned, but the car remains on the register, AKA ' The listing of cars'!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2014 :  19:12:33  Show Profile
Dear all,

Since the disappointment of not being able to secure a slot at Donington we have been working hard to look at other opportunities for 2015. Its been a tough few weeks but we really do have a lot of supporters who want us to be actively racing in 2015. More than I ever thought, both active racers and supporters! We have been involved in many discussions over the last few weeks including positive discussions with both the MGCC and the VSCC. Its a very congested calender with various complicated criteria for success but we still have a chance to showcase the Pre War racing scene!

So we have a revised invite from the MGCC which might suit us:

15 min practice and 20min race at Brands Hatch (Indy) on Sunday May 3rd 2015. (VSCC Invited)
I need to know if this is of interest to you and feedback to the MGCC by Dec 1st. Basically we must be confident we can fill the grid, minimum 22. Brands Hatch is a different circuit and presents a new opportunity for the pre-war race calender.
So I ask once again for your feedback asap....I guess it is back in our hands.

Many thanks

Mark

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2014 :  19:46:24  Show Profile
Yes, please , Mark . Include me in . Fozzy , Hamish McNinch and I raced there in the C type and P type many years ago in an MG allcomers race , with MG Metros , Maestros , modern midgets etc . A very good circuit for MMM cars - and we didn't come last !
Go to Top of Page

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2014 :  19:58:27  Show Profile
I am raising my finger also - yes, please - Brands Hatch is perfect for me in being close to Dover...

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2014 :  20:56:21  Show Profile
Not wishing to dampen things , but if we do agree (and can) put a grid up can we have some sort of guarantee in print from the main club chairman that its definitely going happen and we won't have our grid sold or such as has happened with the last 2 meetings we have been promised a race at? Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2014 :  21:03:48  Show Profile
Oliver, I ve asked that same question and I will continue to push for that commitment.
First up let's build a possible grid...see if it's viable then I can push. Believe me I don't want to try again and come up short.

Can we count you in?

M

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2014 :  03:54:16  Show Profile
I'm in if the Butleigh boys are going.

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2014 :  11:05:21  Show Profile
Yes the BRDC members are up for it.......
Foz.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2014 :  16:22:14  Show Profile
19 direct responses in 24hrs stating they want to join at Brands if we are given the race. And a load of you out there that have not responded.

If you have not responded please speak up.....we need your support asap.

Thanks

M

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Thijs

Netherlands
7 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2014 :  17:45:23  Show Profile
Looking forward to Brands Hatch race meeting!
Thank you for your efforts, Mark!

Regards, Thijs
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2014 :  17:48:52  Show Profile
Fingers crossed Thijs, hopefully we will know in the next few days!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2014 :  20:06:05  Show Profile
The MGCC Race committee has just confirmed our race at the MGCC Brands Hatch meeting on May 3rd.

Its still provisional until the FIA confirm the calendar next week, but it’s unlikely to change. But it is a firm commitment with the MGCC race committee.

It is also confirmed that they would like to see a pre war grid as a preference. So the inclusion of invited T Types are an option if we have low numbers but not enforced.

Its is a Noise limited meeting, stipulated by the track owners, so that’s Brands wishes. This shouldn't be a problem as we nearly all compete with the VSCC under noise limits. Its the same as the March race this yr.

In the coming weeks I will be confirming all the details, of costs etc but for now get this date firmly in your diary.

I had 19 positive responses in the last 24hrs with many of you still yet to let us know. So we really do have a cracking opportunity to have an exceptional grid and social!!

Thank you for all your support

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2014 :  17:01:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dolts

The MGCC Race committee has just confirmed our race at the MGCC Brands Hatch meeting on May 3rd.

Its still provisional until the FIA confirm the calendar next week, but it’s unlikely to change. But it is a firm commitment with the MGCC race committee.

It is also confirmed that they would like to see a pre war grid as a preference. So the inclusion of invited T Types are an option if we have low numbers but not enforced.

Its is a Noise limited meeting, stipulated by the track owners, so that’s Brands wishes. This shouldn't be a problem as we nearly all compete with the VSCC under noise limits. Its the same as the March race this yr.

In the coming weeks I will be confirming all the details, of costs etc but for now get this date firmly in your diary.

I had 19 positive responses in the last 24hrs with many of you still yet to let us know. So we really do have a cracking opportunity to have an exceptional grid and social!!

Thank you for all your support

Mark Dolton

Pots
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000