Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 1930 Double Twelve & Le Mans Midgets
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semisport

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2014 :  10:17:15  Show Profile
Can anyone tell me if there is a separate register for these cars and the 21(?) factory built replicas that followed? I'm hoping that such a list or spreadsheet will include some, if not all, of their subsequent history. I suspect that much of the data may be available through the registrar and/or by interrogating the register itself but I'm particularly interested in unraveling the pre-war history of the cars in question. This is going to be difficult to achieve without a solid base point from which to start.

Chris

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2014 :  12:04:14  Show Profile
A number of years ago Mike Hawke was planning a follow up to his K3 Dossier to be the Racing MG's. It was to be a compilation of a number of peoples research on the different cars. For various reasons the book was never published, but the results are still out there!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

semisport

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2014 :  15:19:45  Show Profile
Mike,
Thanks for the encouraging response. If the information is 'out there' could someone point me in its direction.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2014 :  15:24:46  Show Profile
Chris,
I don't believe there is a separate "register" for the cars. There are only a few of the factory replicas remaining. One of the owners has quite a bit of knowledge of the 12/12s, both original and factory replicas. I will pass on his contact details to you via direct email.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2014 :  11:45:26  Show Profile
There is a short article on these in the 1995 Yearbook, by Mike Hawke and Chris Callaghan. In it he states that the first batch of five was from chassis number 2M1986, and another batch of thirteen from a later chassis number, misprinted in the Yearbook but it should have been from 2M2261. Blame the editor, the mistake appeared somewhere between Mike's copy and the printing stage...

I can only find 2M1987 on the Register, but I am sure there is at least one more around...

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000