Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The Register's formal and sociable UK events
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  11:46:12  Show Profile
The Register Committee is aware that there is a wish amongst some members for a change in the location and other arrangements for some of our sociable events, such as the AGM, the Annual Dinner and the Prizegiving.

We have considered the options long and hard! Our current thoughts are that the AGM might now be held during Saturday of the annual MGCC Silverstone race meeting, if suitable facilities can be arranged. The provisional date is Saturday 20th June and the likely location is Race Garage 5 where PA facilities, seating and refreshments should be available.

A trophy awards ceremony for prior year competitive/speed events could take place at the MGCC (or other) race meeting at which there is a Triple-M race. The provisional date for this is Donington on Sunday 31st May (edited to correct date and place!)

The remainder of the awards such as COTY might be presented at Peter Green's Register Annual Summer Gathering - date tbc.

The Register’s Annual Dinner, which currently takes place early in the season at Weybridge is now likely to be incorporated into the annual summer touring events, with the possible option of including members even if they are not participating in the tour itself. That would mean that the location of the dinner could be rotated around the country which many members have asked for.

For 2015 the provisional date is Wednesday 19th August at the Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire.

These are the Committee’s preliminary ideas (which is why the dates above are described as 'provisional') and we would be interested to have your responses!

Dick Morbey

Edited by - DickMorbey on 16/10/2014 12:35:14

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  12:30:25  Show Profile
Surely you mean 31 May instead of 29 March and Donington instead of Mallory, Dick?
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6142 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  12:36:49  Show Profile
Dick,

I think it's an excellent idea to move these social (sociable?)events around the UK as you suggest as those of us in the more remote regions find it time consuming and expensive to always have to travel to the south of England to join in. With that in mind, we'll look forward to hosting the Annual Dinner in Northern Ireland in 2016 during our planned TT Themed Touring Event. Watch this space!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  20:20:59  Show Profile
Dick

Is not the MGCC Silverstone Race meeting in March? I presume you mean MG Live which is usually in June?

Good work to move these events out to all areas of the country. At last we can say bye to the M25.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  22:07:40  Show Profile
Peter, I was referring to the main Club Summer race meeting - sometimes but not always known as MG Live! Hence the mention of the provisional date of Saturday 20 June. (There will not be a Triple-M race at the Club's Spring meeting on 29 March.)

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2014 :  14:33:16  Show Profile
Mid week for the dinner is all well and good but what about us folk that still have to work??)))
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2014 :  19:03:27  Show Profile
I am surprised that this thread has not provoked much comment. I think that there were several people campaigning for these events to move a little further north. I am very pleased to see that the committee have listened to those pleas. The proposals detailed by Dick seem to be a good practical step forward.

I would add that in asking for these changes, I have shot myself in the foot. I used to attend the annual dinner most years but as I do not take part in the Summer Tour, I will not be able to do so in future. However as I believe that 100 plus people do take part in the Tour that is a good solution for the Register. The AGM at Silverstone is also a good step.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6142 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2014 :  19:36:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Scott

I used to attend the annual dinner most years but as I do not take part in the Summer Tour, I will not be able to do so in future.

Peter,

This seems to be a very definitive statement. Is there a point of principle here, or just a lack of interest on your part in such events?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2014 :  20:16:10  Show Profile
Simon

It is just not convenient for me to attend a four day event.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6142 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2014 :  08:15:01  Show Profile
Thanks, Peter, I can understand such events don't suit everyone. I was just concerned that perhaps you objected to them in principle!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2014 :  17:09:17  Show Profile
Not at all, Simon. I'm that they are very enjoyable events. Even more so with the annual dinner incorporated.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000