Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M type Infomation
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2014 :  22:29:48  Show Profile
I was wondering if my spare engine was originally fitted to a car and if so does it exist in the register. Engine number is MG A 1905. If it does not and was fitted to a car not on the register then I might start a restoration project and build a car around it. Would there be a problem around my idea.
Thanks Pat

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2014 :  08:12:35  Show Profile
The problem of starting with just an engine is that the car will not have a chassis number.
It will there fore not be an M.G. but a replica until a chassis with a correct M type chassis number is used.
It won't stop you from having fun with it though!

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2014 :  08:44:08  Show Profile
So what would the problem be if i Remanafacture a new chassis and labeled it with the correct number.
cheers Pat
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2014 :  10:39:11  Show Profile
Hi Pat, the Register won't recognise the chassis as original without its original identity, which of course you don't have. There is always the possibility that the original chassis re-emerges, which happens more often than you might think!

Registrar, Triple M Register

Regards,
Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 19/10/2014 10:39:57
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2014 :  18:34:57  Show Profile
Now that is interesting!
According to my copy of the chassis files, that engine was in TWO coupes!!!
CM 2056 built on 25 August 1930 and CM 2081 on 16 September 1930, neither of which are alive now,although CM 2082 is around.
Please find a chassis for the project, and build a coupe,as that is what the engine was in!
Unless you want to make another boot stay! Mine working well, thanks.

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2014 :  03:10:45  Show Profile
Well if the chassis turns up. That would be good. I suppose that body dimensions for a coupe are around. I would be interested in any information on coupes. Cheers pat
Go to Top of Page

Ralph

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2014 :  11:53:01  Show Profile
Although not directly related to the above M type query, there is a coupe body for sale for D,J, and F models on the cars for sale section of the Octagon Car Club if anyone is interested
Ralph
Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  05:57:05  Show Profile
Well I have had the engine block dipped and have found that it has been resleeved in the factory The bores are bu@@ered so it will have to be done again. . How many m type coupes are still in existence. Will start collecting parts and start another project. Any information on coupes would be appreciated. Cheers pat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000