Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Bank Transfers & Renewals
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul White

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2015 :  15:54:49  Show Profile
We have received two payments into our Bank a/c that we are unable to identify.
1. A payment of £13 ( UK ) on 15th Dec from Mr J.& Mrs C. Ja. ?
2. A Payment of £19 (ROW ) on 19th Dec from Bernard Michael. ?
If you recognise either of these payments could you please email me at mmmbulletin.sub@btinternet.com please.

There are still approx 200 Bulletin renewals outstanding - if not renewing please could you email me at above asap., as the Feb Bulletin is being prepared for printing.
Thanks Paul

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2015 :  16:46:59  Show Profile
For those who don't know, Paul White is the Triple-M Register Bulletin subscription co-ordinator, so he is the man at the sharp end when it comes to the logistics of getting the Bulletin into circulation.

Would all comncerned please make his task as easy as possible by ensuring that you renew your subscriptions promptly (the renewal date having in fact already passed!)

And it goes without saying (but I'll say it all the same!) that continuation of the printed version of the Bulletin is in large part dependent on the viability of printing successive editions, particularly if numbers fall below certain point. 200 renewals out of a current circulation of 400 is of course disappointing

So if you are not already a subscriber now would be a good time to join. Details of how to subscribe can be found at http://www.triple-mregister.org/bulletinsubscriptions.asp

And if you are a current subscriber, thank you!

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
Dick Morbey
Register Chairman

Edited by - DickMorbey on 18/01/2015 16:48:00
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2015 :  20:12:33  Show Profile
Might I suggest that the PayPal account be in the name of something more obvious. Robert milton is not something can quickly identify when I am checking that I paid my subscription. For example, the membership renewal in the North American Triple-M Register is pretty obvious (renewal (at) nammmr (dot) org.
I also believe it would be useful if an emailed receipt is sent upon payment. PayPal can do this automatically and the membership account for the NAMMMR automatically generates an emailed acknowledgement when the renewal is processed.

Just my $0.02

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2015 :  10:49:01  Show Profile

It has come to my attention that we are receiving subscriptions paid into both the Register Bank Account and Paypal without completion of the subscription renewal form.

This is the form that was inserted in the last Bulletin of 2014 or the form that you fill in when renewing via the shop web site. This form not only advises us of your address details thus enabling us to be sure of sending your Bulletin to your current address but also enables our Registrar to maintain our records of cars and current owners.

Where a financial transfer has been made direct into our bank account it is not always obvious who it is from as the number of characters printed out by the bank on the statement is insufficient to identify the sender. On taking this up with the bank they have so far, been unable to help.

Likewise a payment into Paypal without completion of the form prevents the Paypal advice of payment notice going to Paul White so that he can action the subscription process.

So if your payment has fallen into one of those categories it is very likely that you will not receive your Bulletin and if this becomes apparent after the issue of the February Bulletin please advise Paul White mmmbulletin.sub@btinternet.com

Finally a quick response to Lew's helpful points.

On taking over the Treasurer's post the existing Paypal account was in the previous Treasurer's name. This was brought about by the requirements of Paypal that the account had to be backed by a recognisable name, address and e-mail backed by a bank account.

The Register does not have an address or e-mail account hence the account being set up using the Treasurer's details. This process I continued but appreciate that as Lew has pointed out it may not be the most obvious to some of our members.In passing I would remind everyone that the Paypal account is backed by the Register's bank account and not mine, hence money can only be transferred to the Register account!

However having said that, with the increased Paypal traffic using our Library shop I am investigating changes to the Paypal account which I fear, although maybe making it more user friendly, could increase our Paypal charges.

Watch this space.

Best wishes to all

Bob Milton - Treasurer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000