Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Classic & Sportscar Mag
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  11:52:35  Show Profile
Should you look at the contents list of the latest issue, don't get exited when you read of Triple M MGs........it's Metros, Maestros and Montegos!

Disappointed Dave

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  13:59:20  Show Profile
Almost as exciting as the other MMM magazine - Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly
Apparently it's been around for nearly 50 years!

John R
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  15:35:48  Show Profile
It is difficult to find pre-war interest in any of the 'newsagent' magazines. Of the main two, Classic and Sportscar has 'gone post-war' and 'The Automobile' now features obscure exotica and so-called 'oily rag'.

Perhaps pre-war, both glossy and newsprint, has largely been discontinued as far as the general public is concerned.

Should one be prepared to spend a fiver for a couple of pages, even in the MG magazines?

Solutions?

Bob.
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  16:11:56  Show Profile
I have been around ' classic ' cars since the age of sixteen, and if I can count in my father & brother since I was born. I have the complete set of ' Automobile ' Magazines to date and enjoy reading still, even the early ones. I lost a very good friend and neighbour recently, David Venables, who was a constant contributor and very learned gentleman ( he was also the Official Solicitor before he retired ). I have to agree with the usual newsstand publications comments, I do find them all a little ' samey '.

Chris ( J2353 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000