Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Era Day, Brooklands
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  17:41:11  Show Profile
Great to see the MMM cars today

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  17:57:25  Show Profile
Only for the odd demonstration i understand from the creator, unless he trust's someone with it!
Go to Top of Page

Jon Marsh

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  19:12:19  Show Profile
Lovely sunny day there today and had some nice natters, which is what it is all about. The J2 went really well, 120 miles round trip, so I am pleased after 7 months off the road sorting out the clutch and gearbox aggro. Clutch now works better that it ever has done since I have had the car.

Jon Marsh
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2015 :  09:46:34  Show Profile
It certainly was a good day despite the vagaries mentioned earlier. Thanks to everyone who turned out in their cars. It was good to welcome new owners, including Andrew Rees whose PA won 2nd prize in the concours.

I enjoyed my ride down there and back in K3011 courtesy of Peter Green and as others have said it was fascinating to see Geoff Enoch's new creation of an R-type to factory spec.

Now back to the garage to fix the cwp!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2015 :  10:23:17  Show Profile
Geoff's R Type re-creation is magnificent, but I detect a certain reticence on the part of the MMM Committee to get too enthusiastic about it. Come on guys. Get real. We are knee deep in K3, C, J4 and Q reps- most of which are excellent but few not quite so. Geoff's car represents a huge commitment in terms of time and money and with the co-operation of several existing R Type owners, he has produced a unique tribute to the magnificence of 1930s M.G. technology.

Please, please, please persuade Geoff to bring the car to M.G. Live in June, place the car in a prominent position in what will be the largest gathering of MMM cars in the world and persuade him to do a few demonstration laps of the circuit (if the main club will allow).

Geoff makes a great point of stating that the car is not original but is a faithful copy of the orginal design and I simply cannot believe that approval of the car will lead to a whole crop of brand new R Types turning up.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2015 :  10:33:44  Show Profile
I d love to see it on the grid with us!

I d be happy to drive it!! Just I wouldn't fit!!!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2015 :  11:04:12  Show Profile
If the committee are not to enthusiastic about it just ask yourselves this, where are you going to see another one in the uk? It can never be passed off as anything but a recreation. Agree with all that Colin says
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2015 :  11:26:01  Show Profile
I like it and think its exciting.

Might not be on the register but its never going to be on the road and registered with the DVLA is it? Its not pretending to be anything other than a recreation?

So its a race car that as you guys say, we are unlikely to see too many of. Happy to see it on a grid In the future

So that's my personal view

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2015 :  12:34:11  Show Profile
If only we had taken this view with K3 reps etc we would not have lost so many original cars.

P
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000