Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M Type GG 4027 2/M2226
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2015 :  17:48:28  Show Profile
Does anyone know the current whereabouts of this car? I believe it was owned by a K Latus in 1982.

Here it is in 1943 - scroll down to the fifth photo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200527/Final-mission-Veteran-pilot-91-reunited-Spitfire-flew-1945.html

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2015 :  19:24:40  Show Profile
The same name appears against this car in the Register, but sadly attempts to contact him a few years ago came to nought. Chassis number is 2M 2226, perhaps it has left the country and lost its reg.? Its both sad and alarming how often records we hold are out of date...

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2015 :  21:37:16  Show Profile
Thanks Graham. As registrar of the VMR, I feel your pain! My biggest nightmare is when cars go to auction and the details of the purchaser are kept confidential - even from the seller! We have 'lost' far too many well-known cars this way.

The reason why I am interested in GG 4027 is that I am planning to use the photo in the article in the Pre-War Prescott Programme, and it would have been nice to invite the owner to bring the car along.

The good news is that the car is still registered, the DVLA website declaring it as 'cream' and first registered 6th August 1931, so it is likely to be somewhere in the UK. (And 'Tax not due' - does this mean it is taxed? Or SORN'ed perhaps?)

Don't you love those twin sidemounts with polished slick tyres?!

Edited by - Ian Grace on 17/04/2015 21:39:50
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2015 :  08:50:19  Show Profile
This car was mentioned in an article I wrote for Safety Fast! some considerable time ago (10-15 years?)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000