Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 VSCC Spring start Silverstone
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2015 :  18:38:50  Show Profile
The meeting took place on a bright but windy Silverstone.

There were 8 Triple-M entrants, including 3 C types, and all the Triple-Ms competed well apart from Fred Boothby whose J2 suffered problems with the Volumex.

Andrew Moreland entered his lovely standard L1 4 seater and was competing only in his second race. The car looked to be going very well so well done Andrew.

I attach a couple of photos to give an impression of the day. The first is Chris Cadman (C0263) and the second Duncan Potter (C0287)

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 19/04/2015 18:59:45

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2015 :  19:09:48  Show Profile
Was a great day if not a little frustrating! I jumped the start quite significantly on the 1st race picking up a penalty. In the second race the PB grumbled and eventually cut out at copse, so I pulled off. Then a Nash came round, snapped its front axel and parked itself in the Middle of the track, resulting in a red flag. Apologies for making everyone think it was me who Was involved in the red!

Good news is the PB is fine, looks like a glitch with the carb. See you all at Brands!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2015 :  10:41:22  Show Profile
Here's a few more pics... I confess to some concern when Mark did not appear on the slowing down lap when his race was red flagged - glad it was only mechanical!

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2015 :  15:46:41  Show Profile
It really was a great day and I thank you all for competing

I was there as a photographer for MGCC so if any photos are required for Safety Fast, Bulletin or website, just ask, and the same goes for the drivers

Might take a few days though as I need to sort btcc photos for MG Motor first from yesterday, and then there's work as well

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2015 :  16:10:13  Show Profile
Colin, please contact me on mdjdolton@gmail.com, we would love to use your photos for the event write up etc. Thanks Mark

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2015 :  20:19:07  Show Profile
Will do Mark

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  06:02:44  Show Profile
Is anyone competing at VSCC Oulton Park? It's June/July from memory.

Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  07:20:04  Show Profile
Yes, VSCC Oulton Park is July 18th , and hopefully there will be MMMs in both the relay race , and the Set 3 race for standard and modified sports cars. We usually have two teams in the relay race , one of C types and t'other of mixtures. Hopefully this year we can get three teams together , C types , 6 cylinders and the motley crew .
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  08:42:18  Show Profile
Glad you are learning to speak the language (t'other) Fred before you come up here !. Best of luck to you & all Triple-Mers taking part at Oulton in July.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  09:31:52  Show Profile
That's great news :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000