Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Harry Lester His Cars and the Monkey Stable'
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2015 :  11:06:53  Show Profile

"Never before published in its entirety, this is the story of Harry Lester and his cars, together with the exploits of the Monkey Stable during their brief but significant racing career.

The story is told by Stewart Penfound, MG enthusiast and owner of one of the last Lester MGs made. Containing much previously unseen material from both Harry Lester’s and The Monkey Stable’s archives it is a story as much about the characters as the cars and is a significant addition to the record of motor racing immediately after the end of the Second World war.”

You can find more information about the book and order it direct from a dedicated website www.lester-mg.co.uk It is priced at 25 GBP plus shipping charges, which are detailed on the website. A novel ‘freebie’ with each order dispatched is a bookmark in the form of a reproduction of Jim Mayers’ (Monkey Stable team founder) International Driving Licence.

JOHN JAMES

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2015 :  18:42:43  Show Profile
Stewart Penfound wrote a fascinating article about Lester for our 2013 Yearbook and he has now been in touch to alert us to this new book which goes into Lester's life and times in much greater detail.

Stewart has been in touch with me to say:
"The T Register have kindly offered me a book signing session on the Saturday at MG Live! this year, in the marquee in the paddock we use for our Specials display. I will be there all day, and if any of your members would like a copy (and save on postage and packaging) they are more than welcome to seek me out."

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Mgvadick

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2015 :  01:51:08  Show Profile
Stewart has done an amazing job of organizing a lot of interesting information on Harry Lester, his cars and the Monkey Stable into a meaningful story that delivers the real flavor of early motorsports development after the war.

It is a must have book for those interested in the cars, the sport and most importantly the people who were involved back in the day. In addition, the record of all the Lester associated cars down to the current day represents a major accomplishment and becomes the best reference source available.

MG enthusiasts are going to enjoy the the technical aspects of the association of Lester and the factory as both sought to improve performance. It is a great read and long overdue, don't miss out on getting a copy before they sell out.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000