Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG film show day Herts October
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  11:11:44  Show Profile
Amongst other things, 3 times a year I run a motor racing film show day here in Herts in my local village hall.
Next one is 17th October (it will be our 20th) The all day theme will be pre-war racing and sports cars ,a feature on Brooklands and a talk about Vanwall in the mid 50s.
So what I am looking for is a guest speaker who can both talk about MG history of the company , the production sports cars and MGs racing programme during the 1930s.

So do we have anyone in the club who would be knowledgeable, willing and able to present a talk on the subject for about an hour we can have film and a slideshow as well. We could have an interviewer to put questions to a speaker if that would make the process easier and less daunting.

So any offers ? No one gets paid (the speaker will get a free day) - it is 100 people in a hall in rural Herts 9.30 -5.00pm coffee, 2 course lunch and afternoon tea & cakes- big secure safe car park looks over open fields.
I would rather like a racing pre war MG in the hall with us and be great to have a number of members attend and put their MGs in a display on the lawn outside as well.
We get people in the audience from vast distances. Last Saturday we featured the Connew F1 racing team from 1972 people came from Sweden , Paris, Malta,USA, Wales, Midlands,Hampshire and all the home counties.
So anyone interested as either a speaker or to sit in the audience ?
Reply or email or pm me for more details.

Richard Hinton

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2015 :  12:49:49  Show Profile
Oh dear, this has met with a total lack of response.
Would anyone be interested in attending in the audience for such an event if we did it ?

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Jon Marsh

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  21:54:41  Show Profile
Yes, I will come being local
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  15:47:47  Show Profile
Excellent Jon if you and any others would like to email me with your email addresses I will put you on the newsletter list.

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2015 :  10:11:02  Show Profile
No luck with this at all so far.
Anyone suggest an MG historian/writer we could try to come along and talk about the history of the company and their products or just sit and answer questions about the whole story?

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2015 :  17:04:11  Show Profile
Pleased to be able to say that a History of MG day will go ahead

But it will be on 7th May 2016 and our guest speaker will be Mike Allison. So films and slideshows Mike relating his life with MG lunch and afternoon tea.
It is 9 months away so more details nearer the time when you may book to be in the audience - and hopefully bring along a Triple M car for an MG display on the lawns outside the hall.

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000