Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG L chassis number and history
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  08:33:32  Show Profile
At last I am ongoing with my L type project. This is a car that has been neglected for decades and was bought by my Father as a 'box of bits' It was one of the 100 Continental Coupes and has chassis number L 0589. I am not rebuilding it as a Continental but as a car to race with the MGCC, VSCC and Motor Racing Ledends.
Speaking with Peter Green recently, he suggested I contact John Innes of the MGCC for the Chassis files on this car, unfortunatly for me, just my luck, they don't exsist. There is a block of 100 L type numbers that are missing from the records, could this be that they are all Continental Coupes?
Ok, my questions are:
Is there a record of the L type anywhere?
Would anyone by pure chance know this chassis number and could throw any light on the car or it's history?
Any other suggestions....?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mark T Boldry.

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2006 :  08:32:37  Show Profile
Update....

The car was manufactured on the 5th October 1933.

I'd still like to know more.....

Thanks,
Mark.
Go to Top of Page

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2006 :  17:38:16  Show Profile
Today I recieved an email suggesting I try to locate a guy by the name of Nick Sands who used to live in the Maidstone area. Apparantly he has researched the Continental Coupes in the past and may have some records of my car. Who knows Nick may well post on this very board, but with so many 'usernames' not being identifyable, I'll struggle. Can anyone put us in touch...?

Mark.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000