Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M Type Windscreen
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  18:36:12  Show Profile
I need a windscreen for my 1930 M Type rebuild.

Does anyone have:

A usable early-type screen with centre & side supports?

or

Drawings or templates that would assist remanufacture (I have the offer of one that needs modification to standard dimensions)?

Malcolm
M Type

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  13:59:35  Show Profile
I understand the design changed from "early" to "late". When this happened I am not sure. send me a picture of the one you require and I may be able to help out with the loan of an original. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  14:16:41  Show Profile
Thanks Rich. I'll e-mail you. If you don't receive it, I'm at eadesmg(at)aol(dot)com.

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page

lyons-lewis

South Africa
277 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2015 :  15:52:51  Show Profile
I have bits for my M. The RH side has had a square pane fitted, with a frame but the original structure seems to still be intact - will need new curved glass sections for it further down the rebuild road - only at ash frame stage now.
Is there anything here I can help Malcolm with?

Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  09:40:17  Show Profile
I assume these pictures are of the "late" M screen ?? . Rich
Go to Top of Page

lyons-lewis

South Africa
277 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  20:37:34  Show Profile
To the best of my knowledge, and comparing them to the other '29 M in South Africa, they are early - apart from the horrible square addition to the RH side!
quote:
Originally posted by davies

I assume these pictures are of the "late" M screen ?? . Rich

Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2015 :  09:55:05  Show Profile
Tony, thanks for the pictures. Sorry to be slow responding. I've been away for a few days with only intermittent internet.

Your screen is definitely consistent with what I believe to be the earlier version, with its more complicated cast side supports and the screw fixing to the centre support. Your offer of help is appreciated. I might take it up a bit later on, when it will be useful to have some comparative measurements.

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page

lyons-lewis

South Africa
277 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2015 :  17:49:45  Show Profile
Okay, no problem. Let me know what dimensions you need and when and we will do what we can.
Anybody know what threads the centre section screws are - I think 4 BA but mine are so shabby it is difficult to gauge them!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm Eades

Tony, thanks for the pictures. Sorry to be slow responding. I've been away for a few days with only intermittent internet.

Your screen is definitely consistent with what I believe to be the earlier version, with its more complicated cast side supports and the screw fixing to the centre support. Your offer of help is appreciated. I might take it up a bit later on, when it will be useful to have some comparative measurements.

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000