Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 F-type starting handle
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2015 :  13:12:21  Show Profile
I think I am right in saying that the required starting handle for F-type is at least 18" from the dog to the crank in the handle. The S&V one is for the M,D and J which are only approx. 12" ...

does anyone know of any or have one spare for me to buy please?

Are they the same as the TA,TB and TC's do you reckon?

Chris Blood (D0407 & F0753)

mjb

United Kingdom
249 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2015 :  14:44:39  Show Profile
Hi Chris,
My Magna starting handle is 21" from dog to crank and made of 3/4" dia steel rod. I don't know if it an original F Type handle or not but it keeps your hand well clear of the chassis cross tube. Looking at Barry Walker's catalog he lists three starting handles for (M,D,J)(F1/F2)and (L,K,P,N)under "miscellaneous items". Mine looks like the latter, sorry can't help with a spare though.
Cheers,
Mike

mike bradbury
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2015 :  15:22:44  Show Profile
cheers Mike, at least that has confirmed my suspicions that the F-type had to be longer than the M,D and J otherwise busted knuckles was always going to be on the cards.

Chris Blood (D0407 & F0753)
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2015 :  21:31:09  Show Profile
Hmmm

Not sure about that. Why is the F Type one longer? I presume the handle rotates inside the chassis and not in front of the front crosstube as it does with the P, L etc...

As they say: discuss...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Blue M

United Kingdom
1474 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2015 :  22:54:57  Show Profile
The M has a removable front apron for using the handle. If the F has a fixed apron then it will need a longer handle.

There is loads of room for the M starting handle even when a front tube is fitted.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000