Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Windscreen mounting bolts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  21:36:50  Show Profile
I'm about to fit the windscreen to my PA. I have none of the original screws which I am guessing are chrome plated raised head, countersunk, slotted set screws? Judging by the holes in the mounting brackets, the main fixing screws are in 2 different sizes? i.e. one small, two large per bracket? Are these fixings the same as the T-type ones which are generally available? Failing that does anyone know of a source. Ditto, the (qty. 6) screws which hold the uprights onto the frame?

Edited by - kimber on 22/11/2006 21:37:58

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2006 :  08:52:54  Show Profile
The ones I purchased for my TD have the older type of cross head but I suspect that TCs / TBs etc will have slot heads. If you have the facilities I would machine some from stainless steel (much easier with the slot). Rust is comming through on my purchased ones after about two years. A good source of stainless fittings is a yacht chandlers. I've seen the type of screws we are referring to securing pulley brackets etc on boats.

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

Simon

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2006 :  18:37:03  Show Profile
You can get a chrome raised csk. slotted bolt,1/4" BSF X 80 MM.long from Gregorys autoparts(01427 872224)They were fine for my J2 and longer than ones supplied by B.W.which only fitted the lower holes.
Simon--J4199.
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2006 :  21:07:27  Show Profile
Thanks all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: