Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MGM Cycle Wings - Anyone make them?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tapope

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  04:28:18  Show Profile
As I ponder my '31 MGM restoration I am considering going with cycle wings - does anyone manufacture/reproduce them? Or... are originals available? For that matter - I assume I would need mounting brackets and hardware as well - what is the availability for all the bits required? Also, would standard cycle wings match the wings on a 12/12? Please excuse my ignorance - looking for advice in preparation for upcoming restoration work. Regards, Tom
PS: The good news is that I am coming down the final stretch of my Jag eType restoration. The new Suffolk and Turley interior going in now (I am sniffing too much adhesive in the garage, however!). After the interior I will enter the work-out-the-bugs and final tuning process. I am probably about 3 months worth of weekends away from being ready. When the eType is done I can dive into the M without guilt!

Tom Pope
1931 Midget

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  08:50:44  Show Profile
Tom,

Vintage Wings in Manchester make them. They also do honeycomb radiators - I am about to get them to recore the one from my M Type. Their UK telephone number is 0161 202 6247.

Have a good Christmas

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  10:37:30  Show Profile
To be absolutely correct, if your car has chassis no. 2707 or later it should have the "helmet" style wings as per F1, J1 etc.
Go to Top of Page

rbm

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  11:38:07  Show Profile
they made me a core for the '29 M - spot on

Richard
Go to Top of Page

tapope

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  04:44:24  Show Profile
Thank you - this information is perfect.

Tom Pope
1931 Midget
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000