Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Lincolnshire Tour
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2015 :  21:58:38  Show Profile
Got back last night from Lincolnshire via Mallory via Madresfield (on a trailer). Soundly beaten in the driving tests by Ian Goddard who had done all the same things but had driven! Well done Ian.

Anyway, very many thanks to the organisers for a great couple of days at Woodhall Spa. The Lincolnshire Wolds were very beautiful and the quiet little roads were perfect for our cars.

Loved the Triple M Race at Mallory

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  08:16:44  Show Profile
We have one of our "big" spread coming up in SF - all photos greatly received at mgk3007@btinternet.com & a "volunteer" to do some words would be even better (first hand accounts are always the best).

JH

Edited by - JMH on 25/08/2015 08:17:19
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  08:50:19  Show Profile
Jeremy

I do know that Mike Hewson is doing a write up for the bulletin. I'll be circularising all the participants in a day or so and will ask for a volunteer for you.

In the meantime here's an aerial picture at one of our halts taken from a fortuitously positioned cherry picker!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  09:35:32  Show Profile
Great tour, very enjoyable with lots of lovely roads to drive. The Lancaster was magnificent! Thanks to all the organisers for a great job. My thanks also to my impromptu navigator Nikki, and to Terry for lending her!

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591

Edited by - Colin McLachlan on 25/08/2015 09:53:19
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  12:53:31  Show Profile
I totally agree with Colin, the Lincolnshire tour was a cracking do. Keep these events coming, and keep them moving around the UK!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

L2Magna

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  17:11:51  Show Profile
What impressed me was that the organisers had even ensured good weather when driving around the wolds. I took a few photographs while on tour, as suggested by JMH I will send the better ones on to mgk3007@btinternet.com. Mind you I am no photographer.

John. L2041
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  20:00:00  Show Profile
On behalf of Barbara & I can I also express our thanks to the organizers of this fantastic tour. The weather , the roads , the places visited, the Petwood hotel were all greatly enjoyed. It is hard to imagine the amount of work put in by a handful of people to produce such an enjoyable few days.
Our thanks to all.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2539 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  21:05:18  Show Profile
Claire and I would also like to send our thanks for a wonderfully organised event. A shame that Peter and Elizabeth after all their hard work, were not able to enjoy the fruits of their labours; at least Mike and Dick could.

Talking of our intrepid duo, don't worry those of you unable to go. They didn't waste Register funds on a helicopter for that marvellous shot:

Above and beyond the call of duty methinks!

Claire & Dave

Edited by - Oz34 on 25/08/2015 21:08:25
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3374 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2015 :  12:59:30  Show Profile
Great pictures, you certainly wouldn't get me up there!
Do we know anyone with a drone and camera for future events?
Nick
Go to Top of Page

ags

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2015 :  22:03:02  Show Profile
Hi Dick, Elizabeth, Mike and Peter,

Both of us, Andrew and Lynne, would like to add our thanks and congratulations for the Lincoln-shire event. We did complete the event with no mechanical problems at all. To prove the latter we are actually hiding away in the darkest shadow next but one to the far end of the back row of the "cherry picked" photograph.

Things did not go quite perfectly though as the petrol pump stopped doing its job about half an hour into our homeward journey. Diagnosis was utterly simple, when you stop with all the symptoms of fuel starvation, open the bonnet and find the pump gently smoking it is all a bit obvious. The problem was an elderly capacitor that instead of protecting the points from sparking had gone short circuit and was bridging across them. Hence no pump action and no fuel.

My thanks are also due to Tony Margel who very kindly stopped, complete with hazard flashers to protect my back at just about the time that I had reached the above conclusion. After about an hour's total delay I had removed the smouldering capacitor and with it the short circuit, found that points and pump were operational and we proceeded on our way again. The original design of the pump (c. 1930 - 1931) did not have any anti-sparking protection for the points so that I was reasonably confident that they would last the two hundred miles or so to get us home. And they did. Better still the rest of the electrical system seems unharmed and no fuses seem to have blown, but a new condenser is now in place so that I do not have to rely any further on good luck.

(I know that I was able to rejoin the traffic before you could, Tony with your towed M, but I did keep an eye on the mirror until I knew that you would have turned northwards towards the A1 and Leeds). But thank you anyway for the invisible reassurance that you provided by following in my wheel tracks. Alls Well etc.

More Ramblings from Andrew Smith,

MMM571 - PB Abergavenny
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2015 :  15:46:56  Show Profile
No problem, Andrew.
Glad you got home OK
Your nimble MMM soon disappeared after the first roundabout !

Tony
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2015 :  18:08:16  Show Profile
Looks like good fun. Anything planned in the future in the home counties, East Anglia or Hertfordshire ?

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2015 :  19:15:55  Show Profile
Those three guys on the cherry picker have a good head for heights!

I note one is our esteemed Chairman and the man behind the camera looks like our Comp Sec.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2539 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2015 :  19:33:25  Show Profile
Well spotted George!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6131 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2015 :  16:32:44  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hinton

Looks like good fun. Anything planned in the future in the home counties, East Anglia or Hertfordshire ?

Richard,

You and your beautiful J1 Salonette would be most welcome on the Ulster Tour next year. Not quite the Home Counties, but far better Triple-M territory!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2015 :  20:26:03  Show Profile
The itinerary does sound amazing and I am told by international rally co-driver Fred Gallagher who comes from Belfast that the hotel in lovely.

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000