Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 F-Type clutch cover plate
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ant

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2015 :  14:04:45  Show Profile
Does anyone have a 6 cylinder steel clutch cover plate for an F-Type available for purchase please?

Many thanks,

Ant.

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2015 :  19:14:06  Show Profile
Hi Ant, you are referring to the ENV gearbox and the MG plate about 3" inch square yes? If so it is cast ali.
I don't have a spare Ant but I have seen them around somewhere!?

Chris Blood (D0407 & F0753)
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2165 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2015 :  20:51:56  Show Profile
Chris, the cover plate bolts to the flywheel ie is the clutch cover plate. Was the F type not cast in aluminium though Ant? Incidentally Chris, I make the inspection plates in both MMM sizes

Rich

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 30/08/2015 20:54:14
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2015 :  11:32:44  Show Profile
ah, I thought it was you Rich ... so there you go Ant, sorted.

Chris Blood (D0407 & F0753)
Go to Top of Page

Ant

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2015 :  11:49:20  Show Profile
Hello Chris/Rich,

Rich is right, I am referring to the plate that covers the clutch and bolts to the flywheel. Perhaps I should have said it is cast rather than steel. I can't say if some were aluminium. I believe mine to be original, the problem being that sometime in the past a clutch finger has come adrift, breaking one of the lugs and cracking the ENV bell housing. The lug has been welded back in the 50's I think and was clearly being used before being taken off the road in the early 60' but I don't think it's worth trusting given the damage a stray clutch finger can cause.

So, I am on the hunt for a replacement unless anyone can advise me that a welded lug is safe. I should note that I assume it is actually the finger retaining spring that comes loose causing the finger to fly out rather than a lug failing. If so, is a good welded repair acceptable?

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2015 :  12:03:27  Show Profile
Ali ones are or were available from S&V. I have one on the J and am very happy with it...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000