Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Angouleme
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2015 :  09:14:29  Show Profile
Sorry to hear of Foz's accident caused by a back marker.
I hope you are ok Barry ?
Graham

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2015 :  10:55:20  Show Profile
Just had a phone call from Hamish who reports - "Barry and car safely back home although rather worse for the incident " .Hamish has asked that Barry is not disturbed with calls at this early stage.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2015 :  11:05:58  Show Profile
Thanks Oliver.

See you soon Foz

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2015 :  11:34:42  Show Profile
Sorry to read this news

I hope both driver and car fully recover soon

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

Hamish McNinch

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2015 :  14:49:42  Show Profile
Update on Barry Foster,

Barry was involved in a crunch at Angouleme. He has injured a shoulder and has bruising and bad gravel rash. He is back in England and both he and the car are undergoing assessment - in Barry's case at the local hospital.

The cause of the crash appears to have been the result of an overtaking car pushing Barry onto the steep curbs which are a feature of the Angouleme circuit. There is no other information at the moment and I would like to discourage speculation.

The C-Type looks a bit like mine does - rounded off at the corners. Suffice to say it will not be competing again this year.

The hero of the hour was Dave Brown who was travelling with Barry. Despite not being particularly well himself, he looked after Barry and the car and got both back to UK. Also a group of UK Austin 7 drivers who, I understand did everything they could to help.

I am sure Barry will, in time, be ready to tell the whole story. But, in the mean time, he needs rest - as does Maisie, his wife, who has, as all can imagine, had a very difficult last few days. So could I ask all to give them some apace and peace and quiet? I know that they will appreciate it.

In particular, it would be helpful if the word was spread to the community that Barry is not currently available for phone discussions of your technical problems, spares supply or work on your car! He gives a great deal of time to this and answers many phone calls every day. But it would, I know, be very helpful if the phone could stay silent for a while. If there is any issue which really cannot wait, perhaps you could call me and I will relay the message at the best time if I cannot sort the problem myself. My number is 01458 851083.

I will update with more information as and when it is available, probably starting a new thread with Barry's name at the top.

Hamish
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000