Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Tandem wiper arms and linkage
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gus

United Kingdom
307 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2023 :  05:22:59  Show Profile
Looking for mid 30s Lucas tandem wiper arms and linkages for centre-drive system,(central screen-top mounted motor). Also
need pivot shafts in screen. Condition unimportant as required as pattern to remake.Lucas system preferred but anything similar considered.

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6121 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2023 :  07:27:56  Show Profile
Gus,
If the type of linkage shown in this thread is what you’re looking for - https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18881 - you could try Willie MacKenzie to see if he has any left.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Gus

United Kingdom
307 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2023 :  08:52:46  Show Profile
Thanks Simon but it's not that type. The wiper arm is secured to the idler shaft by means of a stainless steel trunnion
and clamping screw.I believe there is a lever a couple of inches long that attaches to this trunnion and is mounted above the wiper arm.The linkage attaches to the lower end of the lever.

Go to Top of Page

Sr537

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2023 :  20:55:36  Show Profile
Angus I think the one you are showing from the Lucas catalogue is the same as the ones pictured below. Used without an external link on Tickfords and saloons with driven wiper shafts. The broken one with provision for an external link may be the kind you are after.
Merry Christmas from AUS.

Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2023 :  21:06:59  Show Profile
To me Stuart, Gus's illustration, apart from the drive being in the centre as opposed to in the "passenger killing" position, is the same as those on the P Type:

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Gus

United Kingdom
307 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2023 :  06:09:38  Show Profile
Thanks to all for the info. Stuart, the arm you show is of course Lucas but it seems they had a number of designs and this is not the one I need - but thanks for the pic.
Your P type illustration looks identical Dave. Much appreciated. Are you able to find some good detail pics of the component parts or better does anyone have any surplus parts?
Gus
Go to Top of Page

Gus

United Kingdom
307 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2023 :  06:37:03  Show Profile
I should point out that I have the correct wiper arms (as in Stuart's first pic) but need the lever arms and the link rod and joints.
Gus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000