Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Colin Butchers RIP
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3676 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  10:09:01  Show Profile
Members will be saddened to hear the news that Colin Butchers passed away on Tuesday, May 21.

Colin’s son, David, broke the news with a Facebook posting on our register enthusiasts page and it has already provoked poignant and appreciative comments from the many friends of this remarkable and good-hearted gentleman.

Those of us who were fortunate enough to attend the MG 100 celebrations of Brooklands on Sunday were delighted that he attended the event, demonstrating his customary commitment and enthusiasm. None of us could have foreseen that we would lose him just two days later…..

RIP dear friend.

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Wiessmann

Germany
87 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  10:23:33  Show Profile
How sad, we had hoped so nuch to meet again at Greenacres like last year.
Our sympathy goes to his family and loved ones.

Rest in peace, dear Colin.
Karl & Christine

Edited by - Wiessmann on 24/05/2024 10:51:17
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1935 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  11:11:15  Show Profile
At Brooklands on Sunday; had a good chat with him having not seen him for some time. Genial as ever. R.I.P.

Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2534 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  12:08:39  Show Profile
On my gosh. I also hadn't seen Colin for while and was hoping to see him at Brooklands but in the end was unable to go. Such a wonderful guy. I never met David or his brother but my condolences to them and their families.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  12:47:05  Show Profile
Oh what sad news. At least Colin was able to enjoy Brooklands and meet so many friends just two days before he passed away.

I have known Colin for about 60 years and always found him to be a great enthusiast who was always so helpful and friendly. His late wife Jean was also very supportive of Colin when he trialled his NA. The triple-M world has lost a true gentleman and very knowledgable member.

Rest in peace Dear Colin.

George.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2008 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  16:55:12  Show Profile
Very shocked and saddened at this news. Colin was a mine of information, a true MMM enthusiast if ever there was and so willing to give help whenever it was needed.
He will be greatly missed by us all.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6117 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  17:44:48  Show Profile
How sad. Colin was a lovely man and Sandra and I are so sorry to hear of his passing. Colin was the very first person in the Triple-M Register that I had contact with when I bought my J2 (or what remained of it!) in January 1973 and I still have the letter he wrote to me as Registrar welcoming me and congratulating me on my find.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

John Brinkmann

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  19:32:43  Show Profile
This news is deeply saddening. Colin Butchers was singularly helpful and supportive with MMM matters, even to those of us half a world away. It was Colin, in the mid-1970s, who provided an introduction to Betty Haig, who in turn introduced countess Moy, resulting in friendships that lasted through their lifetimes. He will be missed, but not forgotten.

John Brinkmann
J3752
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2024 :  22:00:26  Show Profile

This is such sad news. Colin was a lovely gentleman, a true enthusiast and supporter of so many of our events. He was so looking forward to attending the Summer Gathering next month, we will miss seeing him and BGH 295 very much.

RIP Colin.

Elizabeth and Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2024 :  07:52:49  Show Profile
Very sad news indeed . Colin was one of the gang from the 60’s . A very knowledgeable and friendly guy . Jean was always at his side in those days and I know he missed her terribly when she died . He will not be forgotten .
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2024 :  17:12:37  Show Profile
This is indeed very sad news. Looking at the records, Colin attended eight Pre-War Prescotts with his PA, the last one was just last year. I hope I was able to give him a good deal of pleasure over the years.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2024 :  18:01:01  Show Profile
Terribly sad news. Good friend, great bloke, wonderful enthusiast for our cars. Will be very much missed by many.
Terry

TH
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
990 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2024 :  18:02:13  Show Profile
So sad and upset to hear this. I met Colin several times when travelling south of the border, and he was always very friendly to me. It seems it was only a few days ago that he was commenting on the forum here. I shall miss him.

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

DavidB

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2024 :  10:04:22  Show Profile
I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words. I hope to follow in his footsteps bringing the PA to events in due course, but first of all I need to find out what Dad did to the car over winter that meant he couldn't drive it this year!

Dave B
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2024 :  11:46:42  Show Profile
Sad news indeed, a true gentleman with a huge fund of knowledge about our cars. Nice to see he was able to enjoy his passion to the very end.
Philip C
Go to Top of Page

L2Magna

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2024 :  15:13:29  Show Profile
Just seen the news about Colin . Although I only meet him a few, the last some years ago , he always remembered who I was. In the early days of my ownership of AKL 840 he was very helpful in providing information relating to the car. A really true gentleman.

John R.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000