Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Digby Gibbs RIP
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2024 :  14:49:44  Show Profile

I am very sorry to have to report some desperately sad news. We have just learnt that Digby Gibbs, our Chairman and dear friend, died unexpectedly at home late on Thursday evening. Our thoughts are with Guy and Jo and the rest of his family at this incredibly difficult time.

RIP Digby.

Elizabeth
On behalf of the Triple-M Committee

coracle

United Kingdom
1935 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2024 :  15:04:39  Show Profile
Indeed a great shock and a great loss. Very sad; R.I.P. Digby and condolences to his family.

At Brooklands a fortnight ago.

Edited by - coracle on 01/06/2024 15:09:32
Go to Top of Page

tedsmgs

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2024 :  16:16:53  Show Profile
Oh dear, what can we say, a dear friend and, with the late Julia, stalwart followers of the D Group.
RIP Digby.
Ted & Janet.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2024 :  18:16:26  Show Profile
That’s a shock, and such sad news indeed :(

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

MDC

United Kingdom
119 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2024 :  18:47:06  Show Profile
This immensely sad news comes as a great shock, we were only talking a few days ago in preparations for the 2023 Year Book in his dedicated role as Editor, and of course our Register Chairman. Thoughts, prayers, and condolences to close family and relations at this difficult time. A huge loss to all, a true gentleman who was dedicated to the Triple-M family.

Mike DC
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2024 :  19:29:00  Show Profile
I never had the pleasure of meeting Digby, but we communicated while he was the Bulletin editor. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

Paul White

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2024 :  21:15:31  Show Profile
What shockingly sad news - I had a lot of contact with Digby with our shared Bulletin involvement and also the restorations of our P types , even on occasions chasing the same parts on the Forum, and friendly banter as to who would have their car finished first.
A very sad period with the additional loss of Colin, my condolences go out to Digby's family. Many thanks to you both for your MMM involvement
Paul White
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2024 :  21:59:28  Show Profile
What terribly sad news and such a loss to both the family and the Register.

I knew Digby through us both being members of the Committee. Like others I found him to be a real enthusiast and true gentleman.

My condolences to the family. RIP Digby.

George.
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Fock

Australia
374 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2024 :  01:45:22  Show Profile
On behalf of the PreWar MG Register of Australia and myself, our sincere condolences to Digby's family at this difficult time. He made a great contribution to the Triple-M movement and will be sorely missed. A great gentleman.

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294
L2061
Go to Top of Page

Mac1955

Germany
59 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2024 :  08:47:44  Show Profile
Very sad news indeed. Prayers and condolences for Digby's family and all his MMM family, from Julie and me.

Mac
J3699
PA0720
2M0998
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2024 :  21:30:21  Show Profile

Following on from the sad news of the unexpected death of our Chairman Digby Gibbs on 31st May, his family would like to extend an invitation to his funeral which will be held at their family’s local church, St. Mary Magdalene, in Langridge, Bath, BA1 8AJ on Monday 1st July at 14:00 (where he will also be laid to rest).

Afterwards you are welcome to join the family for tea and light food.

If you would like to make a donation in lieu of flowers they will be accepting donations on behalf of Dorothy House Hospice and the Meningitis Research Foundation, both of which mean a lot to the family.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Christopher Hobbs

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2024 :  12:04:11  Show Profile
Very shocked to hear this sad and unexpected news.
A great loss to the MMM community - I will miss our chats and laughter - RIP Our condolences to all his family. Christopher and Kate

C.Hobbs
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2024 :  22:57:47  Show Profile

Please could you let me know if you are attending Digby's funeral on Monday. Jo has contacted me asking for a rough idea of the number of Triple-M folk as she needs to finalise details with the wake location.

Many thanks,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000