Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Brooklands picture
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnball

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2024 :  18:59:42  Show Profile
My MG KN special was invited to a charity garden party today. The owner of the house showed me this picture of his Fathers car and asked if it still exists.

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2024 :  19:28:51  Show Profile
According to the Hawke history of competition cars this is J3765 and it still exists.
Pictures of it’s current status can be seen in the register database

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2024 :  22:59:29  Show Profile
John that is my old J3 that I restored back in 1980 and now belongs to my friend Mark Green. There is a copy of that picture and information on the father and two sons on file but during my 25 years of ownership I never had contact with the family.
The car is not far from you. I will alert Mark to the this thread and he will no doubt be in touch.
Terry

TH
Go to Top of Page

Johnball

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  11:51:46  Show Profile
Terry, that is a coincidence. As I had been trying a year ago to be in contact with local MG owners and had contacted Mark Green, but we have yet to meet up. You are quite right he does live within 30 minutes of me and the son who showed me the picture.
Go to Top of Page

Johnball

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2024 :  15:41:39  Show Profile
I have now successfully connected the son ( Gordon Gillett) of the 1930’s owner, to
Mark Green. Unbelievably they live within 5 miles of each other !!!!

I really love tracing history and connecting people. Previously successful with JB854.

I have within the last two years traced and found and talked to family of three of my KN’s former owners. So, have completed more history of my car from middle 50’s to early 70’s.
Still need more from late 40’s to early 50’s and early 70’s to 1980.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000