Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Factory colours
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Teifion

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2024 :  14:59:14  Show Profile
Does anyone have a list of body colours used by the factory, standard and additional special order options (if these were available), and equivalent modern code(s) please?

Teifion

Drolshagen

Germany
676 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2024 :  16:20:14  Show Profile
try "search" first,

PAINT

https://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/paint%20colours.pdf

cheers
Carl
J2 4362
L2 2036
Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2024 :  00:15:02  Show Profile
Thanks Carl, appreciated!

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
433 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2024 :  07:29:04  Show Profile
Hi all
There has been some debate on the accuracy of that document in the past. A search for archieved post will probably turn these up.

Sven
Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2024 :  19:52:30  Show Profile
Ah, was it concluded / verified?

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2560 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2024 :  20:48:37  Show Profile
Hi Teifion, as Sven says there has been much discussion which some might say never proved anything but I would differ.

While the table Carl links to is I'm sure reasonable as to the colours themselves, I cannot agree with its statements about which parts were painted in which shade.

If you read this thread you will find a link to another and between the two, I would hope you will come to the conclusion that bodies were light, including aprons and tanks while wings and their struts were dark. I think the photographic evidence for this is overwhelming.

https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=19568&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=colours

Dave
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
433 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2024 :  22:26:36  Show Profile
Hi all
I totally agree with Dave and offer the following link as a further indication
https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=20819&SearchTerms=body,colours
I think it would be helpful if an additional note was added to the downloadable colourchart as an indication of our later findings.

Kind regards
Sven
Sweden
Go to Top of Page

BOBC658

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  09:57:07  Show Profile
Using old images as a guide to correct colour can be a minefield unless the type of film used to create the original is known. As a company MG with their own in-house photographic department may have had access in the ‘30’s to the “new” Panchromatic film which recorded most colours and tones equally, unlike the previous Orthochromatic plates and emulsions that were generally used at that time. I have compared the attached colour chart taken using Panchromatic film to the original factory prints I have of my car f2 JB658, two tone green,
and given the variances in screens the colours in mono compare quite accurately.
Bob

Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2560 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  18:25:18  Show Profile
Now Bob, that looks to be a useful chart.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6152 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  19:18:55  Show Profile
What could be made of the colours of the cars in this picture?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000