Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 international disease !!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonym

United Kingdom
654 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2024 :  14:54:12  Show Profile
There is a serious throat complaint going around the planet
People, especially those with e-mail addresses on this site, are being affected.
Symptons are mainly that they cannot talk due to the throat condition - so you would have to hit the reply button to communicate.
I know this has affected at least Nick Feakes in the USA and Bob Walker in Yorkshire.
Hope they and others recover swiftly

Obviously a SCAM - do not reply.

An SVW Register pal did reply - her was asked for money - no chance of that then from a Yorkshire person !!

Simon

United Kingdom
452 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2024 :  15:32:37  Show Profile
Yes, the original short email message supposedly from Nick did seem strange but the sting comes having responded, but only if you can then believe such an extraordinary story! We had similar "from" a South African relative but as we were addressed as "you guys" the scam attempt was confirmed. Simon C.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3391 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2024 :  16:43:45  Show Profile
My personal email account was hacked, including my address book. It did not have anything directly to do with this website, it is just that many of your contact details were in there. Many of my family members, neighbours and friends also receive them.
Interestingly, any replies to those emails went to the spoofers, not me. The email address you see in the from box, is not necessarily the one belonging to the originator of the email, that email address is hidden in the header file that you do not normally see. In my case, the emails were originating from somewhere in Miami. I have changed all the relevant passwords so I am hoping that will end any more spam from me (there may still be some still in the system though).
My apologies for all the inconvenience it has caused.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3111 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2024 :  19:04:44  Show Profile

Nick, I wish you and all others affected a speedy recovery.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
772 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2024 :  22:23:44  Show Profile
Sad to say it does not seem to affect politicians!
FOZ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000