Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Cars wanted
 MG Continental
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barry Wolk

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2011 :  18:17:22  Show Profile
I collect transportation with the "Continental" name. Many of them are fairly rare.

I wish to learn about the '30s MG Continental. I understand that there were 100 made. Was the name Continental a reference to a particular body type? I've only seen pictures of two-door two-tone enclosed cars. Please direct me to information about this vehicle and let me know if there is a Registry of these cars, as I would like to add one to my collection.

I currently have a 1933 Continental Flyer, one of about 10 known extant and a 1955 Porsche Continental Cabrio, also about the same number still around. I have a 1956 Continental Mark II convertible, the first of three made. It shows nicely with my '56 18' Chris Craft Continental mahogany utility boat. I have several '60s and '70s Lincoln Continentals, too.

Thank you, in advance, for educating me.

Barry

P.S. All of my cars are driven, extensively. No pedestal cars in my garage.

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2011 :  12:24:00  Show Profile
Barry, the car you are looking for is the MG L1 Continental Coupe. If you look under L1 on the 'pictures' section of this website you find L0732, Terry Andrews' fairly recently acquired car which, no doubt, is being rebuilt as I type... There are relatively few survivors of the 100 or so produced, as many will have been rebodied as two seaters... Good luck in your search!

Regards

Graham
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2011 :  15:55:33  Show Profile
Saved up for a Bentley Continental yet??
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2011 :  18:51:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tonym

Saved up for a Bentley Continental yet??

Probably less expensive than an L-type Continental coupe
Go to Top of Page

Alan Bertram

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2011 :  19:25:28  Show Profile
Hi Barry,

Nice collection, this link will give you some information on the car in question.

http://www.mgownersclub.co.uk/mg-l1-continental-coupe.html

Hope this helps with your education.

Regards,Alan

PA 0397
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000