Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Era Day - Brooklands - 10th April
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  20:55:05  Show Profile
Hello everyone - the Brooklands organisers have been in touch with me today enquiring about the number of Triple-M cars to expect on Sunday at the MG Era day at Brooklands.

Are there any more of you who hope or expect to be there in a Triple-M car?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2016 :  09:34:51  Show Profile
PS

The Brooklands organisers have confirmed this morning that will be giving us a space allocation in the top end of the Campbell Car Park, nearest to the Clubhouse.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2016 :  16:56:41  Show Profile
AT HOME ON THE 10th APRIL as expecting visitors........yesterdays competitors/marshalls/etc recovering from the KIMBER TRIAL the previous day!
Hope to see lots of you........
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

tormead

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  21:13:17  Show Profile
Hi Dick,
Looking forward to meeting up with you all again on Sunday.

Andrew Rees
PA1746
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2016 :  21:05:35  Show Profile
Thankyou for arranging the MMM parking at Brooklands today Dick.
See you at Brands for the racing at the end of the month
Best Regards
Colin

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 10/04/2016 21:06:08
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2016 :  00:02:54  Show Profile
Well, I got there in the Cresta after a 4 stop run from Worthing (leaking hose, detached HT leads on distributor, ran out of money on the mobile whilst trying to get my wife at home to look up the firing order - that will teach me - I didn't scratch the numbers on the new distributor cap! - stop at convenience store to top up phone - and finally the mirror fell off the screen). What fun these cars are!!

Now for the point of this offering - I reached Brooklands at around 1.30pm. There were only enough Triple-M cars to fill about a third of the front of pits park. Whilst I know why one eminent member was not present, where were the rest?? We usually fill the area in front of the club-house. Did most folk go home before 1.30pm?

Anyway, I had a good time. Even saw a car I'd never seen before - Geoff Godwin's Nicholl Special based on NA 0902. Took some photos (sent to Digby).

Faultess drive home in time for a G&T.
Nice day so thanks to the organizers.
Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
373 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2016 :  09:42:08  Show Profile
I'm not sure what members think of this, but I would be happy to put down my mobile number for other entrants. That would make me happier when poking around cars.

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2016 :  10:53:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Clare

Well, I got there in the Cresta after a 4 stop run from Worthing (leaking hose, detached HT leads on distributor, ran out of money on the mobile whilst trying to get my wife at home to look up the firing order - that will teach me - I didn't scratch the numbers on the new distributor cap! - stop at convenience store to top up phone - and finally the mirror fell off the screen). What fun these cars are!!

Now for the point of this offering - I reached Brooklands at around 1.30pm. There were only enough Triple-M cars to fill about a third of the front of pits park. Whilst I know why one eminent member was not present, where were the rest?? We usually fill the area in front of the club-house. Did most folk go home before 1.30pm?

Anyway, I had a good time. Even saw a car I'd never seen before - Geoff Godwin's Nicholl Special based on NA 0902. Took some photos (sent to Digby).

Faultess drive home in time for a G&T.
Nice day so thanks to the organizers.
Bob Clare

Bob I would think that a large number were at The Kimber Trial I know of quite a few who would have been at Brooklands but were on the Kimber.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2016 :  11:09:53  Show Profile
Hi Bob,
we were there from 10am, at teh time you arrived we were queued up for the laps around the Mercedes track.After that we loaded D0285 onto the trailer and headed home - it was a 12 hour day (door to door) but very very enjoyable.
Sorry for missing you
Colin

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000