Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Spitfire
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2016 :  08:18:15  Show Profile
Hello Spitfire Gary,

I am replying here as I am not sure how to reply to your email through the MMM Forum.

Thankyou for asking why I no longer post to the forum and to my progress with the J2s. Indeed I do own two MGJ2s, and the second ( later ) J2 does contain competition items, some of which are non original, but were items that were probably fitted for competition use. I am very much still researching the history of ' Cottinghams Racer ' with assistance from the Harrow Car Club and some members of the MMM fraternity who have become friends outside the forum. I am looking for an original photo to give me an idea of what it would have looked like, a J2 owner is looking for me with a friend who has a large collection of original photos as we speak.

I have been less than satisfied with various comments made about me, in particular being told ' I have a BIG problem ' from someone who has never even met me ! and other comments which I found not to my liking.

Yes the Rover I completed is indeed very special, one of five and has won many awards.

Sadly this year for me, I have allowed my Pilots Licence to lapse, but will still be able to double up in Grace's two seater Spit from time to time, having been quite ill this year has made me more wary of my mortality.

Dick Morbey has sent on the story of finding Cottinghams Racer that was published by the Harrow Car Club to an MG magazine, I am not sure which one.

I now have various personal items of Dudley Cottingham's that were in Michael Birds possessions, donated to me by his widow Angela, they never knew the significance of what they had.

I am pleased to keep in touch via direct email as many now do.

Thanks again.

CJD

Edited by - MG Maverick on 20/05/2016 08:37:42

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2016 :  08:57:45  Show Profile
Christopher's article will be appearing in a future edition of the Triple-M Register's bi-monthly Bulletin.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2016 :  09:47:11  Show Profile
Hello Chris

The J2 is looking good.

I do hope you will continue to contribute to the Forum, as you have mentioned you have made friends within the Triple-M fraternity who are very enthusiastic and supportive.

As I personally know anyone making a personal comment will be contacted by our esteemed web master Nick Feakes and be told to stop doing so and ensure that in future they must adhere to the etiquette we all respect.

Sorry to read you have not been well, but flying a Spitfire must be amazing and a privilege!

Best regards

George
Hon Secretary.

Edited by - George Eagle on 20/05/2016 09:52:23
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2016 :  10:13:48  Show Profile
George, had this been some years past when I was more active I would have loved to have taken you for a ' spin ' . A publicity photo from 2011.

As I approach my three score and ten, having witnessed both Shoreham Airshow crashes, its time to be sensible and consider my family. My wife and I were among the first on the scene of the Hurricane wreckage in September 2007, which took the life of Brian Brown and then the Hunter crash in 2015 which took the life of seven on the A27, pilot Andy Hill survived amazingly.

I am being assisted also by Robin Lackford who is a local MG racer / restorer. He has informed me that he may have further information as he is in touch with the grandson of Cottingham's mechanic, I await further information..and hopefully a photograph.

CJD

Edited by - MG Maverick on 20/05/2016 10:51:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000