Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 email
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2016 :  10:04:18  Show Profile
My son advises me that my email account has been hacked and someone is sending spam emails in my name - pjscott at sky.com.

So if you receive an unexpected email from me just delete it.

I have now changed my password.

Peter

Peter

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2016 :  11:43:48  Show Profile
It is not always the apparent author of the spam whose account has been hacked. Your email address may well have been harvested from another computer's mailing list, and then used as a nominal source.

Your are right to change your password, 'in case', but if this happens again, then the probable cause is as sketched out above, not another hacking of your account.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2016 :  16:50:18  Show Profile
Hence the desirability of blind carbon copying at all times and also of deleting ANYTHING that could possibly identify anyone other than oneself before forwarding an email.

Dave (a frustrated recipient of those John Smith; Brian Jones; old uncle Tom Cobley & all emails!)
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2016 :  19:32:52  Show Profile
Ian

Thanks for the explanation. I am not very well versed in this technology.

I received two spam emails today supposedly from friends I communicate with by email. However no further activity since I changed my password.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000