Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Auto Electrician needed
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  19:05:46  Show Profile
Can anyone recommend an auto electrician competent to either re wire completely, or at least tidy up the electrics on my PA? A winter project.
Preferably South East - though can trailer to other locations.
Many thanks

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  06:48:52  Show Profile
Tim
Does everything work as it should? If so, what precisely needs tidying up? Are there extra wires in places? A new loom is not hard to fit and there is plenty of help available here. I will send you a copy of my guide when I get home in a couple of days. You can email me directly if you have specific questions.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  08:55:36  Show Profile
Nick hi,
Very grateful for any information that you may have. The car was restored in the 1980's by a well meaning amateur - rather like myself! There is a spaghetti like pile of wires filling up the back of the dashboard and the fuse box is bulging with the same. A lot of non-standard colours.
Everything works, and yes it is something I could attempt myself, with time and patience. My post was really to see if anyone could recommend a sympathetic, reasonably priced auto-electrician who's done similar in the past. Undoubtably quicker - and probably a lot tidier than my attempt.
I'm aware that new loom's are out there, and yes it would be good to improve my knowledge of the car.
Simply exploring the various options :))
Very best Tim
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  09:20:11  Show Profile
Tim,

Alan Dredge (former NB owner) mentioned to me that he had had good service from an auto electrician in or near Aylesbury - can't recall the name - Alan, if you still see these postings perhaps you could offer the name?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  10:19:48  Show Profile
Tim, When Oliver Richardson re-built my PA a couple of years ago, he had one of his panel of experts deal with the fitting of the new loom, which was done very neatly and sympathetically. True to Olivers' own philosophy of "as it was when it left the factory in 1934". If you have a word with Ollie, I am sure that he will be able to provide contact details of the chap who did it Probably in the Basingstoke/Reading area.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  10:52:10  Show Profile
The wiring on the L2 was carried out by a person who lives just North of Oxford - I can give you the details if you require them.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  16:43:36  Show Profile
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies. Yes - I'd be keen to collect as many names as I can from you. Online or timluffingham@gmail.com if you prefer.
Hoping to be at Peter's Summer Gathering. Think I may catch Ollie there.

Very best
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2016 :  20:27:12  Show Profile
Hello again,

Alan Dredge has reminded me that the firm he used is Rees and Allen of 20, Park St Industrial Estate, Osier Way, Aylesbury HP20 1EB telephone number (01296) 483586. His contact was Simon.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 07/07/2016 20:28:49
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2016 :  18:13:17  Show Profile
Noted, Very many thanks Dick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic