Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Marles Weller bearings supplier
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scully

United Kingdom
157 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2016 :  18:15:39  Show Profile
Does anyone know of a source for the bearings in the MW steering box? The bearing carriers on mine are cracked. I've done an internet search for the SKF reference numbers (P2658/1131378) but without success.
Thanks,
Peter

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  10:38:40  Show Profile
Peter. It is worth trying Simply Bearings Ltd or The Old Bearing Company. I think that both firms have websites from which contact info should be available

Best of luck,

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  11:49:56  Show Profile
Peter I do not think these are available any more or are at least extremely hard to find. If you do a search on here I think you will find some alternative thrust bearing options which from memory will need a spacer as well.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  12:57:23  Show Profile
Peter
A common modification is to use an axial bearing in place of the original and add a thrust bearing with a bolt and locknut so that the box can be adjusted precisely and easily without having to play around with shims. Works really well
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  18:02:34  Show Profile
Hi all of you with a Marles Weller Steering box.
I have theorigional SKF drawings of the MW bearings. I can definitely get them in made in Switzerland by the same company that have made our superb double row MMM rear hub bearings. The problem is the cost. I HAVE to order 500 car sets, and that would give a retail of £99+ vat a complete box set i.e. both ends. Considering you'll only ever need one set, probably well worth it.

It's a BIG outlay.......are there enough of you that WOULD buy,....... or would you muddle through, or fit an alternative as Nick feakes suggests. I'll do it for you, if by the end of July I have 50 car sets ordered with a £20 deposit (do this via the normal e-mail...barry@barrywalker.com)

The quality is assured to the same standard as the rear wheel bearings.

Kind regards, Barry Walker.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000