Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Following on from the Mighty MG Magnettes of 33...
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MG Perth

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  01:33:03  Show Profile
Hi All,
Thanks to everyone for buying my book, The Mighty MG Magnettes of 33.
I thought you might like to know that since I published the K3 book, I have been finalising a new book which has just been released. For 20 years, I have been researching the early history of motorsport in Western Australia. The book, called Red Dust Racers, focuses on a claypan called Lake Perkolilli in the Western Australian goldfields. From 1914 to 1939 all manner of cars and motorcycles raced on the claypan including the first Triple-M cars which came to the State. Yep, pre-war MGs made it to a dusty lump of dirt in the Australian outback to race, too! Allan Tomlinson who won the Australian Grand Prix in 1939 driving a supercharged MG TA got his first race start at Perkolilli driving a Ford V8.
It’s a big book: coffee table format, hardcover, gilt edged with 488 pages and 1200 photographs. Only 1000 copies have been printed and every copy is individually numbered. If you're interested you can take a look at www.motoringpast.com.au.
Graeme Cocks

MG Perth

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  03:14:22  Show Profile
Apologies everyone, yes, I should have left the full stop off at the end of the web address: www.motoringpast.com.au

Graeme Cocks
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  07:30:28  Show Profile
Morning Graeme, I ve dropped you an email via the forum. If it hasn't made it please do contact me on mdjdolton@gmail.com

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  12:28:15  Show Profile
Whenever you need to insert an email address, please use the "URL" symbol which will add the opening and closing tags you need to make it work correctly. You simply add the address between the URL and /URL (both those must be enclosed by square brackets) tags or you can simply type those symbols and letters yourself (note the brackets must be the square ones [ ] not { } or ( ) ). This is particularly necessary when adding an image because a URL without the correct tags prevents the picture from displaying.

Graeme, I have edited your post so now the picture of your book is now displayed.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

MG Perth

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  13:41:13  Show Profile
Thanks Nick. I mentioned to Mark Dolton that we still have copies of the regular edition of the MIghty MG Magnettes of 33 at our warehouse in the UK. If anyone wants a copy they can contact me,
All the best
Graeme
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000