Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Repository for Works and other Triple-M drawings.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2016 :  12:57:06  Show Profile
Graham,

You have interpreted my message as I intended.

However, I am interested in your final paragraph. Yes, all Triple-M Register members are paid-up members of the MG Car Club, but who is authorised to be a member of the Triple-M Register Committee? Any MG Car Club member, or is it merely those MGCC members who own a Triple-M car? Who is entitled to appoint them?
As suggested to Dick, I feel that all these constitutional issues should be published for the benefit of all.

Powerplus.

Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2016 :  13:01:41  Show Profile
This thred has been rather hijacked by pedantics. I think your idea is great Alan and hope something can be organised.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6119 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2016 :  14:26:38  Show Profile
It is actually a very live issue within the Club at the moment Terry, so not at all pedantic.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6119 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2016 :  14:35:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by powerplus

Graham,..... I feel that all these constitutional issues should be published for the benefit of all.

All these issues, and more, are fully explained in the Club's Rules which can be found in the members' section of the Club's website.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2016 :  16:12:55  Show Profile
If it is that important start another thread but lets keep this one to Alans excellent suggestion and see if it can be actioned.

TH
Go to Top of Page

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2016 :  17:16:20  Show Profile

Thank you Terry, for your strong support in creating means to ensure that these important documents are not lost. I hope we are being heard.

Simon, I will respond to your comment in a separate topic.

Powerplus.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6119 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2016 :  18:58:43  Show Profile
Alan,

Indeed, as Terry suggests this issue of what exactly is 'The Register' and what does membership of the Register mean, merits its own thread, and Dick's post on the Buckingham Palace thread could be used as the starting point. In the meantime, I think you'll find that the Club Rules answer most, if not all, of your questions.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2016 :  00:25:50  Show Profile
May I presume to comment on this topic, not in the sense of criticising the archive proposal which is great, but rather to clarify and maybe correct a developing misconception in the submissions here about "Register membership"?

First, to those who state that Triple-M registered cars confer some form of "membership" on the then owner, please read the document in the Register Database - "Register Your Car". This makes it clear that the Register "membership" relates to cars, not owners. Having an interest in Triple-M cars but not owning one does not get one's name on the Register database, though of course such folk are welcomed by the Club and hopefully would obtain a Triple-M car about which they would then (please, please, please) inform the Registrar and join the MG Car Club.

Bob Clare
Ancient retired Triple-M Registrar
PA 1048 (Register No. 1925) NA 0934 (Register No. 1270)
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6119 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2016 :  09:14:47  Show Profile
From the Club Rules 2015:

2.11 Register - an association of Members owning specified models of vehicle or as otherwise defined by the Council.
3.9. Club Members are automatically members of any Register in respect of which they own the relevant car(s)

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2016 :  11:41:22  Show Profile
Simon

That's the Club Rules, which is a poor distillation of the Articles of Association. These state:

Definitions:
“Register” an association of Members owning specified models of vehicle or as otherwise defined by the Council;

CENTRES REGISTERS AND BRANCHES
90. The Council shall have power to form and dissolve as required CRBs in the United Kingdom and to affiliate to the Club any organisation in the United Kingdom and overseas, in each case to meet the needs of Members in specific areas as and when it shall consider it expedient in the interests of the Club. The regulations for the management and control of such CRBs shall be in accordance with the following Articles unless the Council shall otherwise determine. Any matters not covered by these regulations shall be interpreted and dealt with in accordance with the Articles and any other regulations, guidelines and standing orders relating to the governance of the Club, as far as that may be practicable.

92. The Registers shall provide where possible and appropriate:
92.1. The maintenance of a Register of eligible cars indicating history and other relevant details;
92.2. An advisory service to assist Members in the maintenance and rebuilding of their cars;
92.3. Facilities for the exchange of spares between Members;
92.4. Any other services designed to assist Members, subject to approval by the Executive Committee;
92.5. Encouragement for the use of Register cars in suitable events;
92.6. Promotion of the Club and recruitment of new Members.

RULES
85. The Executive Committee may with the consent of the Council make and amend Rules for any purposes required from time to time for the effective operation of the Club or the furtherance of the Objects, including, without limitation:
85.4. the management and control of Centres, Registers and Branches;

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2016 :  17:16:06  Show Profile
Dick,

Thanks for that.

What then will be the process for considering, sanctioning and implementing the proposal that original Works MMM drawings be captured to secure their permanent future for the benefit of paid-up Triple-M members?

Powerplus.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2016 :  18:00:17  Show Profile
Hello Alan

That's on the committee's plate right now!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2016 :  18:33:11  Show Profile

Excellent! Thank you.

Powerplus.
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2016 :  11:58:23  Show Profile
With regards to 'who can be a committee member of a register?' the answer is any paid up member of the MGCC. We have two members on the Vintage Register committee who do not have eligible cars, including me, Ive just sold mine. I can't recall the article number but it does exist, we checked on Wednesday at our committee meeting, thus I was persuaded not to resign!!!.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2016 :  13:52:00  Show Profile
Purely for information. In the event that large drawings require digitising, I understand that a service is available in most, if not all, branches of Staples whereby large format prints or drawings can be scanned for duplication or writing to disc/USB.

J2 J3666
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000