Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New 400x19 Tires for $85 each
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DanPA

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2016 :  19:02:35  Show Profile
I finally got my new tires mounted on my new wheels. i am very pleased with these tires, especially for the price. Coker Tire in the US is closing these out. Coker sold out the 450x19 size but still offer the 400x19. The price is way below anything else I could find. They look well on the car, seem a good size for it, and stand taller than the 400x19 Dunlop (sidecar?) tires that were on it.

The only concern might be the age of these tires since manufacture. Coker told me they had many of this size left. They have been on closeout for some time - you might call to see if they would make you a deal.

Info:

Excelsior Comp V Tire; 400-19 $85.00 (regular price was $251)

"The Excelsior Comp V is a bias ply tire that works well on many Pre World War II automobiles. A wide variety of sizes provides a long list of classic and antique car fitments, including Ford Model A and many others. The Comp V features a vintage race-inspired tread pattern, and it is DOT approved. The Comp V product line has been replaced by the Excelsior Stahl Sport Radial, but we have leftover inventory in many sizes. With the Comp V being phased out of production, we are cutting prices and liquidating our stock."

SKU: 728937
Tread Width: 3.75
Section Width (Actual): 4.60
Overall Diameter: 27.80
Rim Width: 3.50
Tube Type

One review from my inquiry on a chat line:
"I have a set on my TC and really like them. They are super heavy duty, do not try to install at home. They are 450x19's mounted on standard 19" rims. They stand about as tall as the Dunlops with a bit less tread width."

Another responder did install them at home:
"I also put a set of Competition V's on my TC last year. Did it myself on a rug on the driveway."

I have installed ceramic beads for balancing and will report on that after more miles. I haven't had it on the freeway yet. The new wheels are so much straighter than my old ones that I can't tell yet about the balance. I have other suspension work to do before making handling evaluations.

I have no commercial interest other than trying to restore my PA on a budget! Tires are a consumable unfortunately.

Dan Shockey
California; PA2108

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000