Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Repository for Works and other Triple-M drawings.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2016 :  15:38:55  Show Profile
I am sure that is true, Robin but, if you want to do anything more sophisticated with digitised copies, such as publishing them on the web, a Staples copier will not have the right degree of 'quality' I suspect. Think long and hard over what you want to do with the images before deciding how to get them copied... (said in the nicest possible way...)

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
346 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2016 :  17:48:48  Show Profile
Robin & Hugh you are correct Staples (and other agencies) do scan and copy print drawings, I use them now and again for architectural work, if copied 1:1 to pdf printouts are as acceptable as the originals.

However owners of these precious documents may wish to retain control over reproduction in which case the documents could be scanned at high resolution in pdf for safe storage in an archive within the M.G.C.C, then saved as low resolution jpeg or pdf and watermarked for web publication to enable reading on screen and if necessary permission sort via M.G.C.C from the owner for any other use if the drawings are out of original copyright. If still within copyright it is another story.

We now have a Triple M Register Forum section “Register Database On-line” which might be the place for these documents as there is already a certain amount of control on access if it is wished to restrict access to Triple M owners, a shame in my view as the type of documents being considered are just very interesting in their own right and I would love to see them.

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2016 :  17:56:59  Show Profile
Thanks Richard and others. Some good ideas there - we will add them into the mix when the committee sits down to consider documentary archive, which is likely to involve a dialogue with Pete Neal, the MGCC archivist.

Just one note - the Database is simply a database of each individual car, with images and documents specific to the respective cars held against each car's record.

More general/technical/publicity and other detailed drawings and material such as discussed in this thread are outside the scope of the car database project, but nevertheless worthy of a proper and enduring home!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000