Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Ron Grant
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  10:53:21  Show Profile
It is with great sadness that l have to tell you that Ron Grant passed away last night.
Details of funeral arrangements will be posted when known.

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  11:25:32  Show Profile

Ron Grant was an excellent engineer who devoted his later life to helping people with their Triple -M projects. MG owners worldwide undoubtedly benefited greatly by his enthusiasm and skills. His demise will be a great loss.
Powerplus.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  11:33:51  Show Profile
Totally agree with what Alan has said. Will greatly miss Rons energy skills and enthusiasm for his projects. One of the nicest and kindest people you could meet and always so willing to help and support other Triple M enthusiasts. A sad day, rest in peace Ron.

TH

Edited by - tholden on 11/12/2016 11:35:53
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  12:05:55  Show Profile

What devastating news I agree with all that Alan has said, I always found Ron most helpful with time always to pass on his Triple-M knowledge. How sad after recently getting his Triple-M workshops organised under a new roof with what appeared to be a bright future
doing what he loved.

Bob Milton
Go to Top of Page

PA0345

South Africa
5 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  12:15:08  Show Profile
Terry has described Ron and expressed his feelings exactly as I would.
It was a privilege and honour to have known Ron.
Rest in peace my friend.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  13:20:34  Show Profile
I never met Ron, but I was one of, no doubt, many whom he helped with advice and enthusiasm. A great loss.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  14:14:36  Show Profile
I first met Ron at Beaulieu in September 2012 where he sold me a rough cast water manifold for PA1169. I'll have to put a bit of extra polish on it tonight.
Godspeed Ron.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560

Edited by - LewPalmer on 11/12/2016 14:15:18
Go to Top of Page

Bob Grunau

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  14:45:32  Show Profile
Sad news. I first met Ron several years ago at Silverstone where he supplied me with some J2 supercharged parts. Corresponded many times over the years and he was always positive and helpful. Most recently, in March this year, visited Ron in his MMM shop and viewed all his projects as in attached photo, nice working outfit. Several emails during his recent hospital stay. He was always cheerful, even during his illness. W.H Charnock sums it up best in his poem "The Enthusiast" which ends " And if he sleeps,then somewhere may he wake And find a wheel to hold, a road to take" . I hope so.
Bob, Canada

Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  15:14:39  Show Profile
I first met Ron at Silverstone one year. Had a long conversation with him and many helpful emails after. He was a real gentleman, always willing to help.
RIP Ron, it was a real pleasure to know you.

Fred.
EX PA 0788
PA 2081
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1565 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  16:28:21  Show Profile
A very sad loss for a very helpful and knowledgeable Triple-M'er.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  17:16:43  Show Profile
I used to meet Ron regularly, every 3 or 4 years or so at Silverstone since the early 90's, for a brief chat, but looked forward to the warm greeting every time. I will miss him.
Very sad day

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  17:55:15  Show Profile
Godspeed Ron and many thanks for so much help over the years. You will be missed by all who you touched.

Tommm on the snowy shores of Lake Erie
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  18:27:43  Show Profile
A very sad loss indeed but what wonderful tributes from Ron's many Triple-M friends.

George
Go to Top of Page

lordrob

Belgium
226 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  19:30:37  Show Profile
Had made first contact with Ron in the early eighties at Silverstone (the good old days) when he beat me at purchasing a blower at one of the stalls, something he did on a regular basis in the years to come but we always had a good laugh afterwards and stayed good friends.
Me and my wife Claire will miss this foreign friend when we come to the U.K.
R.I.P. after your unfair battle Ron.
Roby & Claire
Antwerp-Belgium

lordrob
Go to Top of Page

Frank Langridge

New Zealand
16 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  20:06:15  Show Profile
I never met Ron in person but having corresponded with him over many years and more recently, frequently over the last few months, found him as one of nature's gentleman, exceedingly knowledgeable and always willing to share his thoughts with those seeking his wisdom. He bore his dreadful illness with great courage and dignity and will be sadly missed by all. Rest in peace Ron.

Frank Langridge...New Zealand

Frank Langridge
MGTB, MGNB, MGSA
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  20:15:27  Show Profile
He didn't let his illness beat him he made it to silverstone and beaulieu this year he shouldn't of probably been there in his condition. We wish his family well. Chris and Greg Clark.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000