Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Silverstone
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2007 :  10:57:10  Show Profile
If you really want to see a wonderful collection of MMMs, in a very relaxing and friendly atmosphere, then be at Farnham Royal on July 15th. A truely wonderful event and they are all 'proper' MGs, whatever your defintion.

Silverstone generates mixed feelings amonst lovers of pre-war cars. But that is where the biggest MG event occurs. I think that it is a pity that it now clashes with VSCC Loton. I did Silverstone in 2005 and 2006 so decided to go to Loton this year. At Silverstone the space allocated to MMM cars in 2005 was quite small and to my mind this created a very friendly atmosphere. In 2006 we had much more space so the cars were spread much more thinly and to my mind it lost the atmosphere of 2005. Next year? - the ideal would be to do one day at Silverstone and one at Loton. But that is not always possible.

Peter

Edited by - Peter Scott on 27/06/2007 20:33:16
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2007 :  13:07:28  Show Profile
Peter,

Thank you very much for giving the Summer Gathering on July 15th a æplugÆ. Those people who have not yet entered and wish to can download an entry form from the æDocument DownloadsÆ page of this website.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

RacingSnake

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2007 :  23:19:34  Show Profile
An update on the photographs front:
I think you should be able to view my pictures at the following url:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5924519?c_album=5924519&page=all

NOTE: They have been reduced in size and quality.
I can upload good quality images if anyone wishes to get them printed from that site, or I can get them printed when I do some of my own.

I plan to be at the Summer Gathering, so could deliver then.

I will get some on to this site too I hope, but that requires a little more time....

Alex.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2007 :  17:46:41  Show Profile
OK - it's taken me 'til now to sort through all the info I received as a result of meeting folk at Silverstone - and I haven't even started on the photos yet (though I have played through the fun bit of Tom D round Brooklands bend during the MMM race) (Why was he driving Mark Piercy's car?)

Anyway, the only event I've been to that beat the number of MMM cars attending was the Brooklands Centenary and they only happen once every - how many years is it?

Being Triple-M Registrar, of course I'm biased in favour of any event which attracts folk from as far away as the Antipodes. Long may Silverstone continue or at any rate some similar event. As for facilities, maybe our Chinese friends will buy up Ernie and give us a better deal!

Keep attending please.
Bob Clare
Triple-M Registrar (with apologies for using "MMM" but it's quicker!
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2007 :  19:38:46  Show Profile
Bob,

Mark was at the Festival of Speed at Goodwood with his C type.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

MDP

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  09:24:08  Show Profile
We won our class at the Festival Of Speed in the C type, so there was a MMM car in the winners enclosure.

I was asked by the Goodwood people if the Freddie March C type is still about & if so, who owns it? Does anybody know?

Regards
Mark Piercy

ps - I told Tom that I wouldn't have spun if I was driving at Silverstone!!
Go to Top of Page

johnneighbour

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  16:15:34  Show Profile
There are pictures of Silverstone on my web site including the MMM race and others. www.johnneighbour.com
Go to Top of Page

Ron Grant

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  16:45:05  Show Profile
Mark,
As I understand it, the Fredie March "C" type, C 0251 went to Switzerland Pre War and has not been heard of since. His second car C 0242 I have no idea, it is one of the missing cars. I own C 0253 which was his third car of the team, I have just aquired it, it has not turned a wheel in the last 45 years.
Ron Grant
Go to Top of Page

MDP

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  17:10:42  Show Profile
Many thanks Ron, I'll pass the info onto Goodwood.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  17:28:24  Show Profile
Whilst outside of Eric Tieches' house in Wembley about 4 years ago with my J2 this guy stopped and said I used to have one of those ! After some discussion it became clear that he used to own the Earl of March C type in England in the late 60's. The numbers tied in and the log book recorded the ownership. I passed his contact details to both Barry Foster and the Earl of March. He said had a record of the person he had sold the car to and I understand that an effort was being made to trace it from there. Not sure what has happened since perhaps Barry knows or I could check with Lord March.

Terry Holden
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000