Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PB footrest & bucket seats
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2007 :  14:30:13  Show Profile
Now that my wife seems to drive our PB more than i do, I've discovered how cramped the passenger footwell is. Does anyone have details of the original footrest,ie size & fixing etc?
Our car has bucket seats,but we find them very upright. Who makes those sporty raked buckets seen on C types & K3's?

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2007 :  16:14:56  Show Profile
Graham have you tried fitting your bucket seats with a thick block of wood under the front to angle them back as far as possible. I always do this and it makes them far more comfortable. Also gives you better support under the thigh.

Terry Holden
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2007 :  17:02:20  Show Profile
Graham

About 6 years ago Jerry Felper did a drawing of the PA foot slope plate, fully dimensioned and I obtained a copy from (I think) Pat Mullen. I have a paper copy of this but it is A3 sized, so I cannot scan it until tomorrow. I'll do this and forward it to Nick for inclusion in the documents section of the website.

Good luck!

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

taterry

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  05:11:08  Show Profile
I have a scan of the foot rest......but not sure how to upload it here....contact me off line and I'll send it to you.
Terry in Oakland
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  15:44:16  Show Profile
I've received the drawing of the foot slope(rest),thanks everyone.
Regard to my bucket seats,thanks Tery but mine are on runners requiring long wedge shape blocks,also this might push the thighs up close to the steering wheel?(no i'm not fat!) What about those C type buckets? Someone must know where to get them
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  22:26:08  Show Profile
I have the diagram of the footrest and will upload it to the site next week when I am home
Nick
that came out well!! Edited, apologies
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2007 :  01:23:48  Show Profile
I would like to make footrest for my F2 but the moulded rubber facings with the MG logo seem to be no longer available. If I can locate a source I will make up the footrest to match. Did the factory ones have the rubber facing or were they carpet covered?
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2007 :  04:21:54  Show Profile
The photos I have seen of the N-type and P-type footrests show a rubber pad with the MG logo in the center, however, in at least one photo, it seems to show carpeting under the pad. (???)

Cheers,

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000