Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Do you drink Old Engine Oil?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2017 :  21:01:19  Show Profile
With a name like that I couldn't resist trying it! Not bad and both looks and tastes not unlike bottled Guinness.
https://harviestoun.com/our-beers/old-engine-oil
Not a driving drink though at 6%.

Dave

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  17:19:40  Show Profile
Dave,

Since no one else has chimed in, I'm a Castrol R man myself but a drop of 8.1% Polish Belfast beer will get to the parts that the R can't reach!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  17:57:02  Show Profile
Now that's definitely not a driving drink Simon.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
373 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  19:16:23  Show Profile
And Prescott have a winter brew, a bit like changing to a thinner oil......

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
373 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  19:40:32  Show Profile
Sadly, looking nearer to home there is a new pub in Weybridge called the Block and Gasket where you might drown your sorrows when you find water in the oil, but there is no parking.

Odd with all the craft breweries around that Brooklands doesn't have an ale that I know of?
I can't see the Locke Kings being part of the Temperance movement.

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  19:46:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Oz34

Now that's definitely not a driving drink Simon.

Indeed, not strong enough so when the beer's done it's time to break open the Zubrówka - at 40% you can keep it in the freezer and it doesn't freeze

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  20:40:58  Show Profile
Simon, what is that vodka, maybe to strip paint! Me being a Man of Kent, not a Kentish Man, would go with Shepheard Neame, will try and post a link but all suggestions to date seem great also living in Sussex so long, Harvey’s at Lewes brew a fantastic pint. I guess the cars if run on the brews suggested would not last long!

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  22:00:01  Show Profile
Gents,

One of life's little luxuries is chilled Zubrówka - neat - with smoked Irish salmon

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  22:29:40  Show Profile
Sounds good but oysters from Whitstable with Guinness may surrpass , oh dear I have forgotten my routes, Kent and Ireland compliment
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  23:52:10  Show Profile
Living near Lewes Ashley I have to agree about Harveys but I cannot say I'm wild sbout S.N. They bought our village pub. No one here liked their beer, and then they screwed the pub into the ground.

We do however have the Long Man Brewery in Littlington and Burning Sky in Firle not to mention Gunn Hill Brewery so we can survive without our Kentish interlopers.

Harveys Old Ale is now back for the winter and I think Long Man are doing one now, oh and Harveys Christmas Ale is so popular they tend to brew it all year.

Cheers (hicc),

Dave

Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  03:49:27  Show Profile
Oh wow Dave, wish I had known you were a Sussex Man, I moved there when I was four, Crowborough, then Dallington. So Willmington etc my turf, I still run two of my businesses there (Dallington) one being a period House renovation Company, we take care of Vernacular Buildings, National Trust, English Heritage, Listed Buildings also we blast clean the above and Vintage, Vetran, classic cars. I have never advertised this as wanted to keep business and pleasure separate. But happy to advice if needed and suggest suitable Companies.
Just Blast Celaned the Bull in Newick, not sure it they pull a pint of Harvey’s. The Blackboys do, that’s a lovely destination Inn. The nicest pub was the Hatch, at Colemans Hatch, my self and Karl Faulkes Halbard, Son of Paul used to frequent their when nippers, blimey I am 53 now, so 30 years ago. Anyway have a pint for me, fond memories!
Ash
Paul was great his moto, he having both Novalaries Bugatti and Alpha “let’s dispel the myth you can be a trader and also an enthusiast” he was open and such a character, so glad I have helped my friend with his J and also the cars for sale as sated are on behalf of my Father, just up now as he has taken a tumble. I make nothing from my hobbie and try to help and be a benuine as possible, if I have some parts I can help fellow owners I will. And will not be put off by the clique. I m also a City and Guilds trained engineer, served my time in Tunbridge Wells so know of people who can help with this sort of things, I have a great friend who is so knowledgeable in Herefordshire and has been so helpful in getting Dads J2 recommissioned after many years of being not used.
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  08:19:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by JohnE

Sadly, looking nearer to home there is a new pub in Weybridge called the Block and Gasket where you might drown your sorrows when you find water in the oil, but there is no parking.

Odd with all the craft breweries around that Brooklands doesn't have an ale that I know of?
I can't see the Locke Kings being part of the Temperance movement.

JohnE

What about the Hogs Backs Brooklands Gold Star

https://www.hogsback.co.uk/product/brooklands-gold-star/

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

paul55

Luxembourg
731 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  18:41:34  Show Profile
well my usual tipple is Leffe Blonde at a heady 6.6%, they have just brought out the Christmas dark beer version..two or three bottles and you don't know what day it is..and what's more to the point you don't really care!
Paul.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  18:56:58  Show Profile
I too like Leffe Blonde Paul, and their Brun although I can't seem to get that locally any more. Is that what you're referring to as a Christmas version? Belgium is one of the great beer making countries of the world; Duvel is another of my favourites. I once tried a Belgian fruit beer though; never again!

Dave

Edited by - Oz34 on 10/12/2017 18:58:25
Go to Top of Page

paul55

Luxembourg
731 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  19:13:34  Show Profile
Dave, oh no, it's a special just for Christmas..the Brun is a bit too heavy for me and my head!

CHEERS!

Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  19:31:06  Show Profile
I must try that, must be for lubricating one's body and joints :-)

Regards James Collingburn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000