Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Parts/Service Suppliers of the Past
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2017 :  09:47:32  Show Profile
Nice idea! That's one for our webmaster Nick to ponder - he has the keys!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
346 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2017 :  12:32:18  Show Profile
If the materfial becomes copyright free I would be very happy to collate into a book that can be produced by Print On Demand.

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2017 :  13:35:06  Show Profile
Maurice
If you send it to me, I will scan it and make it available to all (copyright permitting). When done, I will return it to you of course.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2017 :  13:51:39  Show Profile
I remember the arches in Lewes Road, Brighton, my father took me there as a boy for spares. I can also remember going to Ben Wise's scrapyard on the Upper Dicker, Hailsham bypass because there was a scrapped SS100 in there. My father had an SS which was his regular driver and a Ford Consul Mk1 when mother wanted to travel. Father purchased the speedo out of the SS and gave to me, said I was to fix to my bicycle and work out how to connect it..which I never did, but on my bicycle I did have a 150 mph speedo ! What would it be worth now ? My younger brother took over my bicycle and that was the last I saw of it. If only father had purchased the whole SS100 chassis..maybe someone else did, but that's my ' one that got away '. Father sold his SS100 as mother complained so much about it being uncomfortable...Father always regretted it.

Chris

J2353
J4129

Edited by - MG Maverick on 13/12/2017 13:53:09
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2017 :  14:03:24  Show Profile
Thanks Dick, Nick and Richard, much appreciated as also every other contribution. I hadn’t expected such a response and I am very pleased so many others have great memories of our youthful experiences and our common love and respect for these wonderful cars.

Chris.

Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2017 :  13:15:17  Show Profile
I'm glad I'm not the only one to keep old invoices for work carried out on Triple-M cars and the supplier's names mentioned certainly bring back many memories.
Living in Garrett Lane during the 50's I was lucky to have quite a number of suppliers near me including Thompson's; Derrington; Witham who was in Queens Road just off Haydon's Road; Parade Motors where I well remember purchasing a cylinder block helped by my step father who unfortunately was wearing a light coloured mac at the time such that my mother was not impressed by the resulting pattern!
Witham had a very helpful machinist who made parts for my M type up grade that involved fitting a J head and gearbox. He was also very impressed when I asked him to make parts for RA0257 that was beyond the capacity of my Myford ML7 lathe which I still have and use today.
That's enough I'm not really that old!!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Library

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2017 :  11:14:14  Show Profile
Hello Maurice,

the parts catalogue arrived safe and sound today, will keep you posted as to progress.

Rich

Triple-M Register Library
http://www.triple-mshop.org/
Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2017 :  12:29:49  Show Profile
Hi All

Further to Dealers Invoices for MG's

Had occasion to use my TD workshop manual and found these 2 Invoices tucked in between the pages.

I can remember that I was often disappointed at the lack of spares that were available at the time, however as the years have rolled on how comparatively easy it is to obtain spares for T Types these days, obviously not original but nevertheless very welcome.

Unfortunately Mill Garage did not survive long enough for my PB ownership, but I am sure that Dick Jacobs would have been helpful when I had a MMM problem.

Happy Christmas to all.

Russ

Go to Top of Page

F0355

South Africa
298 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2017 :  15:22:29  Show Profile
The last time my motor was overhauled......a princely sum, wonder if they're still in business?

Peter
Johannesburg, RSA
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2017 :  18:23:37  Show Profile
Peter, I am probably being dim, but which K1 was this? I enquire because we have your ownership of the F and the PA recorded on our all singing all dancing database, but not a K ...

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2017 :  18:41:11  Show Profile
Think you'll find peters F has a K engine in it Dick
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2017 :  22:19:24  Show Profile
Ahhhh! Thanks Oliver,

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2018 :  15:30:50  Show Profile
I have added a new category to the "Document Downloads" item on the home page menu - Catalogues.
I have scanned and uploaded a Terry & Barry Bone catalogue. It is a big file (7Mb) as it is mostly photographs so do not try and download it if you only have broadband!
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2018 :  16:12:00  Show Profile

Thanks for that, Nick. I remember staying at Terry’s place and going over to see the Bone’s stock of MG spares,, I think it was in Greenwich, early 70s.

They had an unbelievable amount of stock in those days.Wish I had kept my old catalogue now!

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2018 :  17:46:13  Show Profile
My pleasure Chris.
If anyone else has any old catalogues they would like to share, scan them into a pdf file and send them to me and I will add them to the site. You may need to scan at 600 dpi to make the images clear, particularly if there are photographs.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000