Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MMM Car Cover wanted
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2018 :  21:44:29  Show Profile
Chris, just remembered that I had a fitted cotton indoor cover made 16 years ago by Thoroughbred Covers of Leeds. I asked them to shape it to fit the car with the hood up and they did a good job. At the time it cost £52 and is still giving good service!

Try http://www.thoroughbred-covers.co.uk/

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 30/07/2018 21:54:00
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2018 :  23:01:14  Show Profile

Thanks for that, Dick. Looks promising, I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

Regards,

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  01:07:25  Show Profile
If this company still has the patterns, perhaps we can order a few. Chris, if you call them, find out what, if any patterns they have.

As to the States, if someone wants to measure up a J or P type for Lew's recommendation, that might work as well.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  01:33:01  Show Profile

Thanks, Mike,I will see what they say and let everyone know here.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  11:43:32  Show Profile

Have spoken to Anthony at Thoroughbred Covers Ltd. Tel. No. changed to:- 07973237594. Super chap to speak with and very positive to my/our requirements. Their Email address is:- sales@thoroughbred-covers.co.uk
Thanks again, Dick for your information.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  11:54:00  Show Profile
Chris, let me know the details when you get them

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  12:32:45  Show Profile
I bought this many years ago from someone in the UK, perhaps on EBay. It just fits a J2 or an M type with the top down. It's plain light weight cotton. A hair too small for a P type,

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  14:38:18  Show Profile
Mike,

Will keep you informed, they are getting back to me today or tomorrow. Is there any particular model you are interested in ?

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  14:50:04  Show Profile
Yes. Cycle wing J2 and swept wing PA

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

MarkH

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  08:21:32  Show Profile
Chris,

I would also be interested in a cycle wing J2 cover. Perhaps if there are sufficient 'orders', a run of covers can be made?

Cheers,
Mark

MSH
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  11:55:43  Show Profile
I will take one for a swept wing PA if a run is made.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

creamcracker

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  18:01:42  Show Profile
Hi all,
For many years I have bought both exterior and indoor(in-garage) covers from Cover Systems Ltd, http://www.cover-systems.co.uk/car-covers/ingaragefullsizecar.htm
You may find it interesting to read what they say about using cotton covers as opposed to their fully dust-proof but breathable covers.
I have no financial connection them, but recommend as a very satisfied customer of long standing. They seem to have covers to suit all the MMM range of cars.
Hope this may help.
Keith

Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2018 :  11:17:40  Show Profile

Good morning, all.

Having just spoken with Anthony Parker of Thoroughbred Covers, Leeds, he says he cannot give discounts for multiple orders as his covers are all hand made. He would require measurements of your car and requests that you contact him as follows:-

Email:- sales@thoroughbred-covers.co.uk.

Telephone:- 07973237594

I have now placed an order with him.

Thanks to all for your help and advice.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2018 :  11:43:43  Show Profile
Chris, what was required for the order? Did you need to give measurements? What model car? and with top up or down? I am not looking for a discount and I assume we are talking about a tailored cover. What material?

I read "cover systems" web page. They list the J2 as a cover they have or can make. I read their comments on cotton, and still prefer cotton to a man made fabric. I have several cotton dust covers and never had a problem.

The best cover I have is an "MG Mitten" It dates from the 1950s and I believe it was the first MG cover made. A California woman started making them at home for TCs. She launched a huge industry which still exists today although she sold the company years ago. The cover still does it job despite a tear or two here or there. Some cotton covers come with flannel linings. Lovely, buy plain cotton seems to work.

If Thoroughbred is doing a cotton tailored cover for you let me know and I will call them. I think Nick is also interested.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2018 :  19:56:53  Show Profile

Hello, Mike.

Described as ‘ sateen cotton ‘. If you make contact they will tell you what measurements they need according to your own requirements.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000