Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 1936 PB REG. BOY 655
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  17:37:02  Show Profile
Can we help John find a current picture of his first car?

Dear Keith,

Regarding our conversation at GX Classic Show on Wednesday, I'm afraid I can't find any 'photos of my old car but then I did sell it over 50 years ago! It was registered BOY 655 and was a 1936 PB. DVLA still record it as colour green, which it was when I sold it, but it is shown as not taxed and without MOT history.

Seeing your lovely car brought back many fond memories of mine and it would be interesting to find out what has happened to it in the intervening years. I fear however that I have not given you much to work with! Please let me know if you come up with anything.

The event on Wednesday was very enjoyable and friendly and I will definitely try to attend again next year.

Best regards,

John Woodhouse (White 1966 Lotus Elan S3 Coupe)

Edited by - Keith Wallace on 10/08/2018 17:40:30

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  18:10:47  Show Profile
Not to preclude the Registrar's response, but BOY655 shows up on the register as PB0710 - engine number 937 APB with last known change of ownership in 1968. Originally black with green trim. Register number 715. No photos and questionable last ownership.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  23:17:59  Show Profile
First owner in 1936 was a Dr. O'Riordan and the only other known name listed is Mr. A.R. Cordy who may or may not still be with us ...
Graham Arrondelle may perhaps have more info on the paper file for this car - Keith, why not invite John Woodhouse to contact Graham directly - it would avoid bandying personal data on this public Forum ...
Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2018 :  09:12:58  Show Profile
I know Mr Cordy and I know the car, which is in pieces.

JOHN JAMES www.ttypes.org
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2018 :  18:01:13  Show Profile
Unflortunately all I have on this car is the original registration card, no pics, just the name above,

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000