Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Registering a rebuilt MG
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2018 :  13:21:23  Show Profile
I am currently working towards rebuilding my N type but although it has a totally ordinal chassis, engine, gearbox etc it hasn’t got any paperwork to support its identity.

What I am asking for is advice from anyone who has gone through the process of applying for an age-related registration from the DVLA or knows exactly how it works.

I know about the originality points system (for which I can qualify) and that you have to be able to present a ‘complete’ car to the DVLA for inspection, but does the car have to be running - ie engine running, full electrics etc, or does it just have to be complete with everything bolted in place.

My intention is still to build the car to full running condition but I would wish to get the registration sorted before I commit to getting the engine rebuilt.

Help, please.

Andy Rogers

g waiting

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2018 :  20:34:15  Show Profile
Hi Andy,
My understanding is that DVLA do not want to know till you are ready for the road.
Regards,
Garry
Go to Top of Page

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2018 :  20:57:40  Show Profile
Thanks Gary, but my point is what does ‘ready for the road’ mean exactly ?

Surely someone has had the experience of what the DVLA require.

Andy Rogers
Go to Top of Page

beautymate

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2018 :  21:05:29  Show Profile
Andy
I had to go through this process a couple of years back for my P type. I tried to get the logbook before the car was finished but they wouldn't except it and told me to contact them when the car was finished, so I finished the car and I again applied and got it with no problem with the car club authenticating it.

Chris

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2018 :  22:48:48  Show Profile
Thanks for this Chris, but can I just ask if the car was inspected by the DVLA?

Andy Rogers
Go to Top of Page

beautymate

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2018 :  22:50:48  Show Profile
Andy
No they didn't inspect they where happy with the information the car club gave them

Chris
Go to Top of Page

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2018 :  23:14:48  Show Profile

Andy,
Whilst this may not answer your question directly, DVLA Form V627/1 - Built -up Vehicle Report - sets out the headings under which details are required.
Powerplus.
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  09:33:47  Show Profile
There is for MGCC members a definitive guide in member's section of the MGCC website under Official Documents.

The MGCC (in this case delegated to the Triple M Register) will need to inspect the vehicle as a basically complete vehicle but it does not have to be running.

George
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6145 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  10:02:18  Show Profile
George,

Is this, i.e. inspection by MGCC, a service that is only provided to Club members?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3679 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  07:55:15  Show Profile
This is a service provided by the Triple-M Register in association with the MGCC. There is a differential charge rate as between MGCC members and those who are not members. A similar differential applies to the charges for copies of the factory files that are held at Kimber House, Abingdon.

Yet another good reason why it’s sensible - and worthy - to be an MGCC member!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  08:59:25  Show Profile
Simon
Yes the Club will do this for all MGs abd their owners but as Dick says there is a differential price between MGCC members and non-members.
Regards
George
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6145 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  10:04:16  Show Profile
Thanks, George. That being the case, would there be merit in making the guide available to all, rather than just to members, while emphasising the price differential and the benefits of membership?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3679 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  15:10:05  Show Profile
Thanks George and Simon.

Yes indeed, a guide does exist. It covers the criteria for the inclusion of cars on our register listing and the procedure for getting cars accepted by the DVLA in the UK.

Unfortunately I don’t have access to my files and records over here in Italy but can look at this when I return in a couple of weeks’ time.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6145 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  21:52:35  Show Profile
The Members' section of the Club website has a document entitled 'MGCC DVLA Guide 2017'. If the Club offers its DVLA services to non members perhaps this Guide should be openly available?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  22:56:04  Show Profile
Sorry but am I being thick as I can’find this article re the DVLA in the Members’ section. Can someone please point me in the right direction ?

Also I’m still hoping that someone with very recent experience of applying for an age-related plate but without any supporting documentation will tell me of their experience.

Cheers

Andy Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6145 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  23:09:13  Show Profile
Log into the Members' section, go to Official MGCC Documents and scroll down to 'Club Documents' and there it is - sixth document on the list

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000