Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Interesting PB for sale
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

paul55

Luxembourg
731 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  13:27:23  Show Profile
No connection, just passing it on.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1069387

Paul.

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  14:08:44  Show Profile
This is PB0666 which has obviously been known to the Register since the early days as it carries Register number 118 which dates back to 1963.

Register notes raced by Ted Lucy.

Looks a very nice car.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6134 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  18:56:29  Show Profile
A friend of mine enquired about this car but felt the asking price of £85K was a bit steep. YMMV (oops, sorry Bruce )

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  19:30:09  Show Profile
Dear Simon,
...."YMMV" = written abbreviation for your mileage may vary. ........... you're talking "bo**oks" again ... just say what you mean ........PLEASE!!!

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Ben Stephens

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  20:32:11  Show Profile
I suppose people want cars with provenance and history now. When a Riley Imp is fetching 150k plus with little or no history, perhaps we are undervaluing these cars!

Ben
Go to Top of Page

paul55

Luxembourg
731 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  20:44:42  Show Profile
Ben, I think that what is asked and what is actually achieved could be poles apart. But if you don't ask you don't get I suppose. All the same it does make you think.
Paul.
Go to Top of Page

Ben Stephens

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  20:57:31  Show Profile
Well, I am going by Riley's that have sold not asking price. I suppose with MPHs now hitting lottery wins, and Sprites a only a few 100k behind, it's inevitable.

It's all flow down, as other cars become unafordale.
Go to Top of Page

paul55

Luxembourg
731 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  21:29:05  Show Profile
Ben, in that case you do have a point, I thought that the "Classic Car" market was supposed to be slowing down..maybe not!
Paul.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  22:21:56  Show Profile

As far as Rileys are concerned, it has to be borne in mind that the production figures, although not accurately known, are in the order of 100 Imps and certainly no more than 20 MPH cars (including the racing versions. ) Therefore not really fair to compare values of these superb machines which were extremely well engineered.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Ben Stephens

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  23:54:14  Show Profile
Chris,

That's a very good point. Although I do own a very well engineered Triumph Monte Carlo model, only approx 10 left on the road, yet, I can't retire!

Also, look how many Bentley's are still on the road, yet the price of even a 3.5ltr is more than the average house. Desirability and rarity do not always go hand in hand!
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2019 :  08:34:04  Show Profile
Ben , I think I may have a gearbox for your Triumph sitting on my garage floor, its an ENV manual box with a twisty remote. Geoff
Go to Top of Page

NeilC

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2019 :  20:45:29  Show Profile
Excited to say I finally found the PB for me after years of searching. Arriving early next week in time for the snow! Looking forward to finally joining the club too.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2019 :  21:09:17  Show Profile
Well done Neil! I assume you're referring to the one featured at the start of this thread!

Our PB Registrar Graham Arrondelle will want to be in touch with you to gather details of your ownership and the car itself. And do please join the MGCC - contact me if you need details on the how and why - and if there's anything the Register can do to assist you in your enjoyment of you new toy, don't hesitate to ask!
Good luck
Dick Morbey
Register Secretary
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  10:48:03  Show Profile
Neil. If you can get along to Goodwood Motor Circuit on the 23rd of this month, you will be able to meet a variety of other MMM cars being put through their paces at the MG Track Day. Free entry for spectators.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

NeilC

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  11:08:47  Show Profile
Cheers Guys. I rejoined the club, Dick. Been a member on and off for 30 years not very good at remembering to renew! I live literally down the road from Goodwood and go there frequently for track days with my other cars. I've got it in the diary, will pop up, pity I missed out on getting involved, oh well next year!!
Go to Top of Page

NeilC

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2019 :  20:25:05  Show Profile
Hello all, I collected my PB a few weeks ago and been enjoying getting used to a MMM car for the first time.

The car came with literally boxes of history including a huge amount of correspondence between the first owner and the factory. Took me two nights to get through the fascinating history that the various previous owners pieced together over time.

The first owner rallied the car during 1936 and picked up at least 15 different awards. Nothing major but still interesting, the car was at Brooklands at least once, did the RAC and Blackpool rallies and various local car club trials etc.

Along the way, one of the previous American owners managed to contact the widow of Edwin J Lucy (Ted) and she sent him photos of the various awards. Some 15 in total. Following a bit of detective work, it appeared when the lady passed away, these awards were sold. I'm not sure how many, all or possibly just the one in the midde below.

After a few weeks of work, I'd managed to track down the current owner who has kindly agreed to sell me the trophy to reunite it back with the car after what must be an 82 year absence. Ted sold the PB in 37.

I'm over the moon to be able to put the two back together again. If anyone spots any of the other cups/tankards etc for sale over time, I'd appreciate a heads up!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000